BO15 Radarlux Space-Cadet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So then the paint , It was going to be straight colours , honest it was . Then I got a few friends telling me it needed flake , hard flake .
The only thing is I've not got the equipment or experience to do that . Compressor, guns, special flake gun .
Then I found this glitter paint . You get this gloop that I think is glorified PVA that you throw glitter in and apply with a roller .
Well let's just say it sort of worked in a patchy lumpy way ...if you want something to strike matches on . . So I flatted it back as best I could .
Plan B
Roth applied this stuff with a coat of laquer and a shoebox , so what I did was put a soaking of rattle can laquer on , grab a handful of flake and blow the stuff on like I was summoning some magic . It's actually turned out ok .
Lots of coats of clear should sort it out the rest of the bumps .
Outside my shed ( spraybooth) on the other hand looks like I've committed fairy genocide lol

The camera dont show half of it , this thing is a rolling migraine
20200712_105818.jpg
20200712_105837.jpg

That paint process turned out sweet! The metallic flake fits this build perfectly. I can tell it has a rainbow of prism like color when the sun hits it. Different, depending on which angle you view it.

That paint process turned out sweet! The metallic flake fits this build perfectly. I can tell it has a rainbow of prism like color when the sun hits it. Different, depending on which angle you view it.
Any thoughts I know what I'm doing , or have a firm plan can be put to bed . This is all happening cos I dont know what I'm doing.
It's fun though :)

Great work on the fins and tailights!
Digging the stardust too!

I saw this today and it reminded me of your build.

spacebike.jpg

Hello again , I've gone a bit of late . Sorry for the radio silence folks . Life's been a bit busy at home but rest assured, I have been quietly pecking away at it though . Front mudguard is prepped painted and on . I've added some chrome strips , and added a second colour . Also made a bracket and tweaked the seat position. From now on in I'm going to try and not give full pics of the bike . I'm in a teasing kind of mood I'm hoping you can forgive that little indulgence . Anyway, at this point there is a good chance it will be complete in a few weeks , for better or worse . Lots of little tweaks and touches to do though.
IMG_20200719_161852382.jpg
IMG_20200722_155749747.jpg

Diggin' the chrome strips on there and the splash of color! We have till the end of the month of August, keep plugging away. Everybody wants to see this cross the Finished line!

Yeah further to my previous explanation , I've not been feeling it recently . The real world got in the way. I had to say goodbye to my constant shed companion Kombi ( German Shepard/Anatolian Shepard cross) and had one of my musical heroes and all round nice bloke pass on the same . Shed life didn't feel right . Knocked the wind out of my sales for a bit . However later today , I'm going to put some coffee on , turn up the tunes and get a wiggle on .

Latest posts

Back