Rage! Broken Windshield! Insurance Question

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So, With Full coverage insurance...is it ALWAYS a $100 Deductible?

The other night my spot light was on all night, it's been shorting out or something, It wont go on, then i forget which way is off...and it comes out hours later. So, I assume the heat from the light, and the quick cooling cracked it. But it could have been a water bottle someone dropped on my hood.

81dd700b.jpg

yes;if your deductible is $100.00.
mine is $65.00 .WARNING: a claim can,& usually does;
raise your premium rate.on average 20% annually.
compare price of windshield to rate increase[if any]
+ deductible.
talk with your agent before filing claim. :idea:

That is Wrong Windshields are 100% covered with NO deductible. You are actually "allowed" 1 windshield replacement per year due to cracks/pitting and scratching from wear. If your windshield is not "clear" it can be replaced for free. Check your policy. Of course that is in MA but I believe it is a nationwide safety thing

This is the way it works for me too but I to am in MA. Is that the windshield? It looks like the rear window. Does it still work the same way if its not the windshield?

KZ1000 said:
That is Wrong Windshields are 100% covered with NO deductible. You are actually "allowed" 1 windshield replacement per year due to cracks/pitting and scratching from wear. If your windshield is not "clear" it can be replaced for free. Check your policy. Of course that is in MA but I believe it is a nationwide safety thing

I would just call the insurance company, they should be able to tell you what the deal is. Most glass companys will come to your work or house so it's pretty easy once you figure out who is footing the bill.

Well, my friend, I had a .....lets just say I had a No good, lying, cheating, stealing, flesh eating, dog eating, heartless, gutless, piece of blankity blank (HEAVILY cleaned up Chevy Chase rant) speed through my neighborhood and take out my BRAND NEW driver side mirror. Left a pretty little blue mark on my door trim too. Yea, I was mad, but it would do no good to call the insurance co, or the cops. What would they do? My step-dad loves to file paperwork, Lord knows why, but I told him to have some common sense, it was my car, and before me it was my dad's, none of his business. We got it replaced for another $40...no red tape involved. This time I park 4ft into the grass like the two guys up the street. Now I know why they do that.

KJV said:
have you checked with the insurance yet ?
the boss(dad) keeps telling me to wait a while. He just took a claim out for a few thousand. Someone cut him off and he went into a huge puddle and water locked his engine.

And I lack dough to to pay for anything right now.

It doesn't cost to ask, I'm sure IT WILL BE FIXED AND 100% COVERED and your insurance premium WILL NOT go up. Tell him to call and just ask

If it causes so much grief, do what I do...sell something and go to the junkyard to uy a new window for $30 and put it in. Well, I don't know about yard prices where you are, but here, they treat you right!

I'm going insane. Check engine light came on yesterday...It's not running right at all now. :x

I just had my Accumulator repaired two days ago. I turned my defroster on yesterday and I got a nice misting of snow. The windows froze from the inside.
I'm taking the car to autozone today to figure out why the light came on, and i'm changing my oil, plugs and other things I can do for cheap. I hate being broke.

How many miles are on this car? Might be time to start looking at a rebuild. Junkyard parts will down set the cost a lot. I don't know if they have a Pick a part or Pull a part near you but they have great deals on parts.

Latest posts

Back