Rainier Racer almost, she's on wheels! 9/11

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rainier Racer tank work and fitting the three speed

kingfish254 said:
Glad to see the 2x4 frame bender works. I have been pointing people to the Sheldon Brown pages on it, but first time I have seen it applied.

Is that oak or teak for you tank?

Yeah, the 2 by 4 worked great. I even used the string trick to measer the stays. I'm not sure what type of wood the tank is. I pulled it out of an old built in when I was doing some demo on my house. I knew it would come in handy. It's hard wood, but it feels too light to be oak. I'm going to work on some graphic ideas for the tank tonight. I'm pretty good with a dremel so it may get some carvings.

Re: Rainier Racer Stripping paint again 6/10

Stripped paint on the new frame. Paint coming soon!
photo2-2.jpg

...also looking for a 3 speed Shimano 333 Click-Stick

What color scheme are you planning?

kingfish254 said:
What color scheme are you planning?

Something along these lines:
photo42.jpg

The frame will go the brown/red primer. Not sure yet if I will paint the wheels black and go with white walls or keep the wheels white. Also trying to decide if the tank should be white or black. If black the Rainier logo will be red with white outline and if the tank is white the logo will be red with a gold outline. Most Click-Sticks I have seen are white so I have to keep that in mind.

That would be cool,

OR

A headlight with a 32 Ford Grille Lens!!!!!
And baby exhaust pipes sticking out of the sides of the light!!!!! :shock: :shock:

Ape Stanger said:
Ambitious tank graphics idea:

Rainier_Beer_label_Seattle_c1906.jpg

Sweet!!!!!

Re: Rainier Racer cool new part 6/14

I know, I promised paint next, but I'm spending the remainder of this month's bike allowance on this:
partsforsale004.jpg

I have to jump on the vintage parts when they're available at a nice price. The paint will still be on the shelf at my local hardware store in a couple of weeks. So here I am again anxiously waiting by the mailbox for bike parts day! :D

Glad you found one! Stick shifters are cool!!!!

Re: Rainier Racer official frame change 6/3

Ape Stanger said:
I saw this Schwinn ten speed stem in the basement yesterday and had to see it on the bike. It's looking faster:
photo2-1.jpg

I had a helper:
photo-1.jpg
WAY cuter than a bunny!

I was reminded of this movie when a pic was posted in Mosby's Raiders thread. I had to order it right away. Great motivation.
photo9-1.jpg

Ape Stanger said:
blue-bunnies, I mean berries:
photo10-1.jpg

He's sad because Dad didn't get bike time today.

"Help me! They made me pick all of these berries and now I have nightmares about that big blue girl in Willy Wonka!"

Is that a one day only sale $20 case of blueberries from Whole Foods? I am dehydrating some and enjoyed a whole square myself as desert last night. So good!

mrfritz said:
Is that a one day only sale $20 case of blueberries from Whole Foods? I am dehydrating some and enjoyed a whole square myself as desert last night. So good!

You know it! Almost bought two.

My stick shift came in the mail today. It is pretty dirty and the plastic is dinged up, but the chrome is perfect, it shifts smooth and there is zero rust.
photo13-1.jpg

It cleaned up nice
photo14-2.jpg

I need to work on the clamp. It's a bit too small for the tube, but I'll figure something out. It's not perfect, but it fits the direction I'm going with the bike.

Re: Rainier Racer tank work and stick shift

Stick shifts are always cool in my book!
Tanks are looking sweet too.

Latest posts

Back