Random Motivation

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fv2

Reaction score
Have you ever had one of those moments when the spirit just moves you to do something random?

I had one today.
My only day off was supposed to be lazy, but for some reason I decided to cut and weld.

Here's where I started.

Had this girls huffy
562a651dc65c1ea1fea9806378031f77.jpg

And some random frames and parts in the pile out back.
6cecca741f3a74e95e3d94d6be5e05c3.jpg

I thought what the heck.

Started cutting
123e228cf58545920d2b97f7f4fb8c68.jpg

And here's where I am now.
6c5ffffd6de9668168d505f29108f195.jpg

I forgot to get pics of the pink frame cut up, and I really don't know where I'm going. But thought I'd put it in the WBO.

I'll get back to work and come up with something.... Maybe even a name.

Sent from my N817 using Tapatalk

:):21: Love the way you just went straight into that. Just chop away,a little scratch on the head,hands on hip,step from side to side,hand on chin and wella,a new bike.

:):21: Love the way you just went straight into that. Just chop away,a little scratch on the head,hands on hip,step from side to side,hand on chin and wella,a new bike.
That's pretty much it.
I have no clue what I'm doing. hahahaha

Little more.
0f19c0da91662aeca9c442232c668897.jpg

I think when I weld the tubing together, I'll put a little curve in that bottom tube. It looks funny to me as is.

Sleep on it. My best creative thinking comes when I am counting bikes.

Mock up on garage door.
5ee700a8684bf26f724d6b5e97a9e01b.jpg

A little short, gonna have to add nearly a foot I think.

Short?? hahaha! Put some wheels and tires on there and that things gotta be darn near 7.5' long?! Or were you gonna be completely prone on it....if so, just sling a hammock between seat clamp and head tube and you're set!

Short?? hahaha! Put some wheels and tires on there and that things gotta be darn near 7.5' long?! Or were you gonna be completely prone on it....if so, just sling a hammock between seat clamp and head tube and you're set!
I figured I'd put the BB about where the downtube curve meets the floor. With me seated roughly where the rear triangle BB is, that puts my feet at the forks.

I've never built a frame before, so I know nothing about the geometry. I'm just spitballin'.

Oh, and that's a 24" fork. I want to use a 20

Got the lower tube welded up.
e884455b70954d59fa2bdce901ce4555.jpg

Mocked up with the 20" fork.
The tape line on the garage door is roughly where the upper tube will be, have to figure out where the steering arms will go before I tackle that.
And I bent the lower tube down a bit from where it sits in the pic, hopefully it's where I want it.

This should be called the LBO 2017 instead...
Limo Build Off....or Long-bike Build Off....so many stretch jobs in this Winter BO!
Will yours have a linkage type steering then, o' stage presence pal?

This should be called the LBO 2017 instead...
Limo Build Off....or Long-bike Build Off....so many stretch jobs in this Winter BO!
Will yours have a linkage type steering then, o' stage presence pal?
Yea, I might use some turn buckles and what not to make connection from handlebar to fork.

I wonder how that will look.

760607ef99dd43707f31f708ef927c63.jpg

Looks like a pile of metal spaghetti all stuck together.
Headtube is a little off center, but we'll see how it goes.

Thanks @LukeTheJoker

So, I had this thing.
a2968aff5b2d8d028b7ef4fb3e230a8e.jpg

I put my weight on it and the lower tube dropped to the floor, the frame tacoed on me. Disaster.

It took some time, but I put my head back up and carried on.

I added a tube from a big box girls mountain bike... Is that a real thing?

Anyway, I braced the frame. Then added a couple rear racks for a seat.
8bd05df2690a1a75e94753d303b7d757.jpg

I'll get a shot of the bracing later.
Still have to make a mount for the seat pan.
Also need to make some steering rods.

Menards had turnbuckles, but they're threaded different than the all thread. Will come up with something....

That is something wild....I'll tell ya
at first, I thought you were going for a cargo bike, but it seems like just cutting and randomly placing steel here and there is going to lead to a VERY interesting project.
Neat.
:thumbsup:
franco

That is something wild....I'll tell ya
at first, I thought you were going for a cargo bike, but it seems like just cutting and randomly placing steel here and there is going to lead to a VERY interesting project.
Neat.
:thumbsup:
franco
Couldn't go cargo, already have a frame and another on the way for that.

This is more recumbent style, but I fear it's still a bit short to ride.... we'll see.

Latest posts

Back