• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Rare 1978 Huffy Midnight Rider 20" Chopper Muscle Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Was going to put this on the Muscle bike forums but having issues with the site..

As found,untouched(I hosed the dirt cobwebs off thats all)..missing 20" steel front wheel(common front wheel),but has cool blue OGK BMX grips on it!
No bends or cracks found..Story had it the person who owned this,their dad took the front wheel off so they couldnt ride it because it was a dangerous bike..so goes the story..I can see the danger issue!
1 year only,Ive only found 1 other in house paint,this one is all original except upgraded grips..Someone found a catalog picture(I couldnt find it anywhere! see below)
Asking $300 shipped in the USA obo
message me thought site or email directly at [email protected] I will gladly get more pictures later today.
TRADES? possible trades are in this thread; http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/in...-for-silver-age-or-earlier-comic-books.99106/
Thank you,Jeff
20150928_092414.jpg
20150928_092426.jpg
20160626_123139.jpg
20160626_123347.jpg
412648759.jpg

Last edited:
I was told it was because the angles made the bike very easy to flip it over backwards..

PRICE DROP!! $230 shipped

Another price reduction.........$185 shipped

This is a bad bike, and far more rare than the Murray choppers. GLWS!

Last edited by a moderator:
Was going to put this on the Muscle bike forums but having issues with the site..

As found,untouched(I hosed the dirt cobwebs off thats all)..missing 20" steel front wheel(common front wheel),but has cool blue OGK BMX grips on it!
No bends or cracks found..Story had it the person who owned this,their dad took the front wheel off so they couldnt ride it because it was a dangerous bike..so goes the story..I can see the danger issue!
1 year only,Ive only found 1 other in house paint,this one is all original except upgraded grips..Someone found a catalog picture(I couldnt find it anywhere! see below)
Asking $300 shipped in the USA obo
message me thought site or email directly at [email protected] I will gladly get more pictures later today.
TRADES? possible trades are in this thread; http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/in...-for-silver-age-or-earlier-comic-books.99106/
Thank you,JeffView attachment 28189 View attachment 28190 View attachment 28191 View attachment 28192 View attachment 28193
I got that bike for Christmas 1978. Couldn't ride it for 3 weeks I had it cause we had the worst blizzard in history here in ky. I thought I was gonna die lol

This bike did se a while ago..sorry

Latest posts

Back