Rat Fink got a motor!!Finished"Now with VIDEO"and Disc Brake

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built ths Scooter a while back Big Daddy Rat Fink tribute and now it gettin motorized! I picked up this 80cc engine on CL for cheap and im in the process of converting the scooter.This is gonna be fun!So far im porting and polishing the intake and exhaust,got a 48 tooth rear sprocket for the hills aeround here,and a expansion chamber exhaust! 8) :mrgreen:
scooter006.jpg
scootermotor5.jpg
scootermotor2.jpg
scootermotor4.jpg
scootermotor.jpg
scootermuffler.jpg

Re: Rat Fink got a motor!!

AWESOME were you going to put the RAT I think you should brace the motor mount they might flex foward and backword........Curt

I still have alot of work to do on my motor mounts but my sprocket came in today so I can line it all up and weld up the mounts.Now i need the expansion chambe to get here so I can see how much room it takes up! 8) :mrgreen:

I got some work done today! I trimmed down the tank,cut and moved the petcock from the rear to the front,and patched the hole where cut it out. I think it looks a lot better this way. I put the sprocket on the wheel and im changing the motor mounts so it all jives together.The pipe came in and Im going to cut and reweld the flange so I can clock it where I want it,They come ran close to the motor for crank clearence but I want to run it out side the deck so ill cut it and make it work. 8) :mrgreen:
scootertank.jpg
scootertank2.jpg
scootermotor7.jpg
scootermotor6.jpg

I welded up the motor mounts and I slotted the bottom plate so I can adjust the chain so I think im done for today! 8) :mrgreen:
scootermounts5.jpg
scootermounts6.jpg
scootermounts7.jpg

I made a exhaust manifold so I can clock the expansion chamber where I want it,I think it should work allright....
scootermotor8.jpg
scootermotor9.jpg

Getting closer,I ran my cables and wires and finished the motor mount! 8) :mrgreen:
scootermotor10.jpg

When I took it out for a test ride the tank leaked like crazy and the motor mount folded as soon as I popped the clutch!!!! :oops: :x I should have got some pics of the damage but I was irritated so I just tore it apart and fixed it.I made it like a I beam and test ran it without a tank and it runs good!!!Now Ill take it apart and clean and paint it while I wait for the new tank...
scootermotor11.jpg
scootermotor12.jpg

I kind of figured you would have trouble with the mount. Glad to see you got it fixed.I bet that is going to be AWESOME fun,maybe have to put a seat on for long distance..................Curt

curtisfox said:
I kind of figured you would have trouble with the mount. Glad to see you got it fixed.I bet that is going to be AWESOME fun,maybe have to put a seat on for long distance..................Curt

Yeah I should have known better,I did not realize how much torque these little motors put out.I was kicking around the idea of converting it to a burrito stlye ride,but I think Id just build another one.. 8) :mrgreen:

This after noon I figured I would get a little body work done....Since the fenders got dented and need a repaint I thought I would go ahead and add 8" to the front fender,make it match the rear ya know...I should have done this the first time!
scooterfendercut2.jpg
scooterfendercut3.jpg

I finished up the metal work on the fenders after work today ,I think the front looks right now its extended 8". 8) :mrgreen:
scooterfendercut4.jpg
scooterfendercut5.jpg

I got another rear fender so I might stretch the rear to a tail dragger,or longer anyways.I will probably paint them the same green and black out the motor with ceramic black.My tank came in today and I put on a fitting decal !Now I just need time to finish all the loose ends..
scootertank3.jpg

Re: Rat Fink got a motor!!Getting Closer!

thats tank looks sweet fats.. cant wait to see this all put together.. i got to get a motor put on something...

Thanks Jaysmo! O.K. si I went ahead and added 20" to the rear fender :) I figured I might as well just do it and im stoked it looks good!!! 8) :mrgreen:
scooterfendercut6.jpg
scooterfendercut7.jpg

I made this Eyelid out of a fender tail
scootereyelid.jpg

Latest posts

Back