Rat Lite

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I originally picked up this bike last August with RRBBO5 in mind, but have since found something else to build. I rode it in typical cruiser style for 5 months or so, then decided it would be a good Bomber - it was, but I had always planned to build it as it's starting to look now.
After gathering parts for the last month or so,I put it together today to check how every is going to fit and put a few miles on it before I tear it down again for polishing/painting.
Did a couple of miles this afternoon and it rides real good. I think I may have to use shorter cranks though as the 170mm cranks are a tad long when turning.

Parts so far:
Raleigh RetroGlide frame.
3 piece crank adaptor.
24" Sun Rhino Lite rear rim laced to coaster hub.
24 x 3 Innova rear tire, 26 x 2 Innova front.
Cut down Wald bars.
Triple tree fork from a 20" chopper thing I got from the dump.(Had to use a 1 1/8" to 1" headset)
Chunky KMC chrome BMX chain.

Parts to come:
Brooks saddle.
New front wheel.
160 or 165mm cranks.

I'm going to cut off and file finish the cable guides and chaingaurd mount, strip the paint and cut down the seat tube a bit more. The planned finish is polished alloy with maybe some etched ghost scallops.

The bike only weighs 25lbs, so for the time being I'm calling it Rat Lite.

When I got it
IMGA0369.jpg

Bomber
IMGA0595.jpg

Now
IMGA0636.jpg

IMGA0637.jpg

IMGA0635.jpg

IMGA0638.jpg

IMGA0640.jpg

Latest posts

Back