Rat Rod Bikes Build Off #14?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've withdrawn my builds, just not sure I'll get to them.
If I do have time I'll make new threads.
Unless a Moderator permanently deletes a thread, a mod can bring them back for you, just let me know if you want them later on... ;)

Yeah there's a lot going on and it's been less than a week. There's NO WAY anybody is going to need all 4 months if ya'all keep this pace up. Barring any outside issues, everyone should finish. I'm trying to pace myself, I'm reminded of the joke about the old bull amongst all the young bulls...

Carl.

Don’t forget Parkinson’s Law...
Parkinson's Law, invented by Cyril Northcote Parkinson, alleges, “Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion.” ... In general, Parkinson's Law holds true even when a job can be finished in a much shorter amount of time.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkinson's_law

Don’t forget Parkinson’s Law...
Parkinson's Law, invented by Cyril Northcote Parkinson, alleges, “Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion.” ... In general, Parkinson's Law holds true even when a job can be finished in a much shorter amount of time.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkinson's_law
And all this time, I thought it was just me procrastinating.

At what point does Murphy's law override Parkinson's?
Or vice-versa?

Can they work in unison? Problems keep expanding as long as there is time for more problems to develop? Yikes!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Oh Boy! I guess the crads are stacked against us. :eek:
I better get building! ;)

Hate to break it to you, 24 here! :) You seem to be more active than I am, so you should still take it as a win!:thumbsup:
Not building a frame this year for sure, because of lack of time. But possibly i will take part in class 1, since i guess i'd need to build some bike until i leave to Amsterdam this July. Won't promise much :)
In the end we both are having fun building bikes, so i take it as win-win :D

90...Ninety

Hey Grand Master Rat Rod, I'm back and I want to play too. As usual I have a question. Early in 2018 I got a bent up J.C. Higgins and started cutting it up to repair and modify it, then got involved in Build off 13 and used my repair parts for that build. I only got as far as cutting the Higgins. I would like to use that and the back end of a Worksman trike I have. I can't wait to get started, I'm late as usual, and I look forward to hearing from the great folks I talked to last year. Please get back to me and thanks much

Hey Grand Master Rat Rod, I'm back and I want to play too. As usual I have a question. Early in 2018 I got a bent up J.C. Higgins and started cutting it up to repair and modify it, then got involved in Build off 13 and used my repair parts for that build. I only got as far as cutting the Higgins. I would like to use that and the back end of a Worksman trike I have. I can't wait to get started, I'm late as usual, and I look forward to hearing from the great folks I talked to last year. Please get back to me and thanks much
@Rat Rod ?

I'll take feedback from anyone in reference to my email on 5/19 about using parts I have, I'm dying to start building as soon as I get approval of my stuff. Have a great day everyone

I'll take feedback from anyone in reference to my email on 5/19 about using parts I have, I'm dying to start building as soon as I get approval of my stuff. Have a great day everyone
I'm not anybody but others are using previously modified frames in the buildoff. Sounds to me like you're not done cutting it up anyway. I would say you would be fine to start a Class 2 build.

Latest posts

Back