Rat Rod Bikes Build Off #17: Let's Go!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So isn’t there someway that a guy can start a build in the build’s thread and then decide to graduate it to the BO thread or or the scratch built or whatever?

So isn’t there someway that a guy can start a build in the build’s thread and then decide to graduate it to the BO thread or or the scratch built or whatever?
You could start a thread in the regular build section and if ever you should decide to take part in this years BO, ask a friendly mod to move it over here. As you are starting the thread after May 1st I cant see a big problem here...

Yep, There is a generic "builds" forum. Only thing is one could pretty get it complete then 'join' the competition, So you didn't really document your build as everyone else does...

I’m not sure about entering. I’m doubtful that I can get it apart so there is enough time to actually build it.
You could start a thread in the regular build section and if ever you should decide to take part in this years BO, ask a friendly mod to move it over here. As you are starting the thread after May 1st I cant see a big problem here...
I would suggest that you go ahead and start a build-off thread since you're already posting here in the build-off discussion. Then if you decide that you're not going to have enough time we can get it moved to the regular builds section where you can take as much time as you need. And you can use the one bike change rule to enter another bike if you choose to. I think there is already a good bit of interest in your build so where ever it ends up you will have a place for it and for others to participate in your problem solving! Good luck.:happy:

Well, it looks like there is finally enough entries to create a Page 2!

44 BUILDS NOW

1651787523560.png

I would suggest that you go ahead and start a build-off thread since you're already posting here in the build-off discussion. Then if you decide that you're not going to have enough time we can get it moved to the regular builds section where you can take as much time as you need. And you can use the one bike change rule to enter another bike if you choose to. I think there is already a good bit of interest in your build so where ever it ends up you will have a place for it and for others to participate in your problem solving! Good luck.:happy:
Ok, I’ll do that, that’s a good idea. I have entered and not finished once, maybe twice before. I’m having company for the weekend, starting tomorrow. It’s 140 mile round trip to get the bike. I’ll do that next week. I’ll post then as I have no picture, except of bits and pieces. I can post photos after I pick it up. Lots of rust pits on this one.

Yahooo! It is now possible to be a "page 2 slacker" in the Class 1 build category!

Def: A page 2 (or 3 if we get enough builds) slacker is someone who, by usually no intent of their own, hasn't kept up with the rapid pace of the progress and comments made on the other builds in their class. So they end up on the last page of their build class. Often referred to 'tongue in cheek', this is not a derogatory term, but rather most often self-incriminating. And all in fun!

I will likely have to sit out. My band has actually started to take off, playing gigs and writing songs! So if I find a few hours free in the day they almost always go towards writing or practice. I still keep a hand in the bike world - just fixed a friends tandem that got driven into a wall 😳. But I can’t commit the time I know the competition needs.

Unless…

There’s a trike in a neighbor’s front yard I see every day. If he’ll sell it to me I may just have to jump in!

I will likely have to sit out. My band has actually started to take off, playing gigs and writing songs! So if I find a few hours free in the day they almost always go towards writing or practice. I still keep a hand in the bike world - just fixed a friends tandem that got driven into a wall 😳. But I can’t commit the time I know the competition needs.

Unless…

There’s a trike in a neighbor’s front yard I see every day. If he’ll sell it to me I may just have to jump in!
A trike and a trailer for moving band gear around would be a great build.

Ooooh and a rock ‘n roll theme. Hmm… now the gears are turning - pardon the pun.
No need to pardon puns when there are this many old guys, dads, musicians, etc. in the room. They are almost required.
I dig your avatar. I bought myself a Gretsch Junior Jet for my birthday and am trying to learn to play.

Last edited:
No need to pardon puns when there are this many old guys, dads, musicians, etc. in the room. They are almost required.
I dig your avatar. I bought myself a Gretsch Junior Jet for my birthday and am trying to learn to play.
Thanks! I’m a Gretsch man through and through (and Fender, PRS, Gibson, Taylor, etc…). And the Gretsch Jet line is tremendous. I really like that the Jr is hotroded (one tone, one volume).

Huge props for learning to play! 40 years later, I still am too. I didn’t start building bikes until a couple years ago so I know what it’s like picking up something new later on.

If you can get passed the physical pain and soul crushing frustration, playing guitar it’s super cool and very fun. If you’re looking for tips or advice just say so. Guitar guys, like bike guys, Looove talking about guitars.

I will say this… Again, like bikes, learning on your own is very difficult even with YouTube and the internet at your fingertips. With bikes and guitars, I’m constantly asking friends to explain something or show me how it’s done.

Attachments

• 3193CC8D-B9B8-4154-938F-8BB6BEE9796D.jpeg
    3193CC8D-B9B8-4154-938F-8BB6BEE9796D.jpeg
    447.8 KB · Views: 20

Latest posts

Back