Rat Rod Lincoln - photo update 11/28 done i think

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rat Rod Lincoln Update

Everything is stripped and ready to go

IMG_0442.jpg

Makeshift paint booth

IMG_0443.jpg

Colors

IMG_0458.jpg
IMG_0461.jpg

Fork primed

IMG_0444.jpg

Fork done & frame primed, I was tempted to leave things like that

IMG_0455.jpg

Frame done or at least first coat, with and without flash

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

Looking awesome! I cant wait to see what the wood will look like in there. Should be an eye catcher. I am going to be painting some wheels that are in bare metal form...how do you feel the rust tough primer does??

Thanks, the Rust Tough primer seemed to cover fine, I went with it because the frame has rust/pitting and this paint converts the rust to primer. I actually screwed up and got some dripping behind the setpost. I was able to sand it down with 400 and re-shoot couldn't tell afterwards.

The semi-flat black is a little gloassier than I wanted may go with a straight flat later.

Looking killer MAN!! Hey can u show me and some of the new guys a pic of the killer green bike u got in the BG, i seen it before but its so sweet looking

Sure thing Rick, that Nirve frame has been thru quite a few iterations with another one coming soon.

With crossbow Monark springer, still my favorite look but the fork was a POS

nirve2.JPG

Wiht 24X3s and chopper fork, having alot of trouble with the Shimano hub on this setup will be going back to original wheels

nirve1.jpg

The Nirve is pretty much a donorcycle right now and will lose some parts to this dyno moto frame

IMG_0462.jpg

-Steve

Rat Rod Lincoln

Change of name since not much progress and probably goign to change the focus, wood steaming not working out so good, need smooth forms that don't dent the wood up, and a real steam box would be a real help. Wasn't real pleased with the last color so re-shot it flat, may finish with some matte clear enamel. Also have a repop springer laying around that might get used here, need to shoot that if I'm going to use it. MIght just go with an all aluminum/brushed stainless and black look.

IMG_0531.jpg
IMG_0534.jpg

Re: Rat Rod Lincoln - photo update 11/24

Pretty much a full mockup, just need to paint the badge, wanted to use some electra struts I had but they're too short for this one. Eventually I'll get the wood tank thing done but not in time. Had to borrow some parts from my schwinn repop to finish up(seat, bars, stem). Need to put a headlight I have on also.

IMG_0537.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

Freshly sprayed badge
IMG_0099.JPG

IMG_0103.JPG

Close-up of suicide shifter
IMG_0107.JPG

the shifter set up is cool. I wish my 7spd nexus wasn't a grip shift. I like the simple black bike. I think those Kenda Kraze's are a good tire choice

Thanks guys, the shifter is a bit top heavy but otherwise functional took it down to the beach for a little spin today. Couldn't beat that Kenda online deal bought a couple sets of 24s and 26s at the $5 price. Have a new kickstand coming also, but I don't think I'll have time to get the final photos before the deadline, I was thinking it ended next Saturday, DOH!

cman, you can still get that style Nexus shifter at Niagara Cycles, like $23 with cable, bought one as a backup before I altered this one.

-Steve

Take some better photos in the morning and post to the other thread. Wasn't completely in tune with the overall look, needed some apehangers with the suicide shifter for a more traditional rat rod look. Went to the LBS up in Oside and got some Electra apes, had some iron cross DK pedals in the bin that matched the DK sprocket, score

IMG_0570.jpg
IMG_0571.jpg

very cool clean rat ya got there. i like the apes better too. neat place for the pics but you may want to tighten that chain a bit more looks real loose. my buddy had his loose on the turkey day ride and first it came off then again then he just did it scooter style pushing himself along till his pants leg got caught in the bike and blamoo on the ground. nice job though !!

Hi 64lowrider,

Cardiff Reef will probably hold ~15ft, I've caught stuff at least in the range of the photo below, say 10 ft wave face

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2005/12 ... _21_05.txt

Nearby only Swamis and Black's beach will hold pretty much unlimited size at leat in the range of 20+ ft. You have to get down to Todos off Ensenada (baja) to get the 60+ ft wave faces probably next week.

Still working on it, the ape hangers were a pain getting in and out of the xterrra so I swapped a QR axle from another bike

IMG_0604.jpg

64lowrider, Here's some snaps from this morning; Early morning Cardiff Reef, 10-15ft this is the only one I caught with someone in it not the biggest though, shot from in front of Rob Machado's house.

IMG_0584.jpg

Next 2 are Swamis, this will hold virtually unlimited size due to the channel, due to channel islands blocking us we don't get as big as Norcal though.
This is why it's nicknamed "Swarmis"
IMG_0598.jpg

This guy was llucky got a nice one all alone after a cleaner set
IMG_0601.jpg

I haven't surfed Todos, it's pretty much a tow-in spot, although Taylor Knox paddled into a 52+footer down there, very tricky wave, like going left at Waimea, boils and bumps on the way down. It's about 10 miles off the coast a 100 niles or so South off Ensenada BC so you need to arrange a boat once you get down there. It's getting real dangerous down there lately lots of people getting robbed and assaulted. Plus the cops are chargin alot for Mordida now, they start at $400 for a speeding ticket.

My main winter board still has a big hole in it, I put off repairs due to the RBBO. Might have a go tomorror, with a sub-optimal board. Actually conditions weren't as ideal as 2 years ago, water had a lot of bump to it this morning that is being masked by the BFWs. It was tough to get into these, I had to wait long periods to catch someone actually getting a ride. The first shot at Cardiff above, that dude didn't get much further as you can see he's already behind it, took a real pounding. I thnk I saw him crawl up on the beach when I got down to the parking lot.

Latest posts

Back