Ratty News

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've had this bike for almost a year , I guess its time to resurrect it. Cleavland Welding built, news boy rack, back wheel is toast and the fork
is bent but the frame is solid .
100_6956.jpg

hey we got some cool bikes in this build and a lot of talent ! I cant wait to see what all the first timers come up with ...
I haven't got to far, got the frame stripped of all the old parts now its time for the fun part...yuk..I have never liked the sanding.
Picked up an old Giant a few weeks back might use it as a doner....more later this week .
100_1710.jpg

100_1711.jpg

I may not respond to everyones build thread but I am looking "keep up the good work"

I think I'm really gonna like where you are going with this...Ponytail has a Cleveland Welding framed bike very much like if not exactly like yours,if I'm not mistaken,although his is already built.He won't be using it in this competition.keep up the great work!...Pappy 8)

a little time this morning so I tossed a few parts on , this is what it looks like but could use a little tweeking if it stays like this.
I dont know if I like the front fender , just looks a little cheezy and the rear needs a trim and some struts for support.
100_1713.jpg

A Clevland Giant HMMMMM

you mean in the back right? i ran into the same issue when keoki wanted to put a 36 in the front. this requiered a smaller rear gear which caused the chain to run really close to the frame. if you go with a larger gear say a 20 it should be fine.

yep the slack side was rubbing the frame, I pulled another rim out of the pile with a larger sprocket and switched the 36t crank for a 40t
"all good" .....still have an issue with the head set I think I may have to get some different cups ...this is one of those 1 1/8 steer tubes
going in a 1" head tube... rides wierd but it does ride

3 pages of builds, Jeez a guy could get lost in here...a busy week end but I did figure out one of my problems.
do you see anything wrong with this pic ?
100_1810.jpg

here's the other side
100_1811.jpg

salvaged a sheet of thin aluminum , we'll see what we can do with it...more later
100_1812.jpg

herr_rudolf my original theme was a news boy bike but the more I do to this bike ??? its morphing into something else.
Still unsure if I will incorporate the graphics , don't know if I want to advertise for Castrol without some remuneration :D
My first priority is to get the frame straight, been fighting the rear wheel alignment and now that I found the bend in the seat stay
I am going to try and fix it.....I usually scrap a frame if its bent but I like this frame and its worth repairing so....
so far I made this tank plate but I may not use it.

100_1813.jpg

wow this is crazy! I always thought those modern....things.. had some cool bits. you're doing the right thing in my opinion. how's the ground clearance at the pedals?

Latest posts

Back