Raven

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok....I may have to slow down on this build....I am going to have to move. it's one of those "surprise!" kinda moves, lol. I had no idea it was coming. Anyway, I need to be moved by the first, so I don't have a lot of time. But the deadline isn't all that soon, correct? I only have a little more to do....I can finish up after I move.

ok....I may have to slow down on this build....I am going to have to move. it's one of those "surprise!" kinda moves, lol. I had no idea it was coming. Anyway, I need to be moved by the first, so I don't have a lot of time. But the deadline isn't all that soon, correct? I only have a little more to do....I can finish up after I move.
We'll be here waiting for your return
👍

How's this build coming along? One month to go baby! Bring it on home!

Rescued from page 2!! Thanks OJ. Actually, Raven is almost done. I am still unpacking in the new place, (finally found my dog! He was getting really tired of being in that little box. It's hard to pack a German Shepherd...). I have pretty much everything I need, I just have to carve out some time between work, moving, and the rest of life....I have the lights, and a seat post and seat I think I can use. The seat isn't the one I will ultimately use, but, I think it will look better on Raven. Faster, sleeker...

The end is nigh!

So...the inside diameter of the seat mast (is that what it's called?) on the Murray Beach Comber 6 frame appears to be 22mm...I can only find 22.2mm seat posts...am I simply reading the calipers wrong? 7 thou can't make that much of a difference, right?

Thanks @MattiThundrrr ... My problem seems to be the opposite. The inside diameter of the mast (?) is 22mm and all the posts I can find are 22.2mm....I think my old eyes are just reading the calipers wrong....time to go digital?
BTW, that's a great thread. Thanks for the link.

Well...I have already bought lights....but now I can't find them. I remember packing them....I hope they didn't get left behind....The 22.2mm seat post is just that much too big....I assume the top of the seat mast is crunched in. I am going to take a big screwdriver and/or Dremel to it. I can work it in an inch or so, so I could just pound it in, but I will NEVER get it out again...
HEY! I did get one small thing done.....

Hmmm....Once again I can't upload photos....new apple phone, new apple computer....I will figure this out and get back to you.

tempImaget3hoLz.jpg
tempImaget3hoLz.jpg
tempImagezWzjVW.png
tempImages1ohWK.png
tempImageeZgY1l.png
tempImagesvTUK3.png
tempImagey8jh6f.png
tempImagemf79Y0.png

It's not much, but at least I am back on track. I actually have all the bits now. I just need to get everything assembled. Well...and find the lights...

Bring it on home Raven! Only 2 weeks and a day left!

Cool drillium brake levers!

Latest posts

Back