Raven

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like your idea of flat and gloss black on the same frame. That's a look I still have yet to try. Maybe even do a couple of frame tubes in gloss black? One of my favorite car show hot rods around my neck of the woods has that combo, and it's really cool! This is a good example below. Maybe you can do some more gloss black vinyl graphics elsewhere on the frame?

gloss on flat blacck.jpg

Glad the crank set arrived. Looking forward to more of your work!

Dilemma.

I really want this super sized, super comfortable saddle with this super kustom but still-old-school seat cover......
But maybe the look of the bike requires an uncomfortable, stripped down, tiny seat....

If you are riding it, comfort is more important. I have an ugly seat on my bike. People have picked on me for it. But you know what? I can't see it when I am riding, but I sure feel it. It has been on there for decades and countless miles for a reason.
funny-cats-if-it-fits-i-sits-coverimage.jpg

LOL.

Thanks Matti. Yes, I have decided that I must to mine own self be true...The truth is, if it is uncomfortable, I won't ride it.

And the desired seat isn't, in my not-so-humble opinion, isn't ugly. Not at all. It just may not fit this build.

But I want it. So....

FINALLY!! Some more parts have arrive from eBay, amazon, points unknown...
I just got home from work, so I am not going to mess with it now, but tomorrow I will try to get some painting done and throw together a mock-up. I would take pictures, but a friend of mine told that people on the internet HATE mock-ups, so....

I may have a problem, don't know yet....well...I may have lots of problems, lol.....
the 22.2mm quill is just the tiniest bit too big for the steerer. I am not going to use this fork, I just haven't received the new fork yet. (more waiting). I will wait until I try my stem in the right fork before I panic. Worst case scenario, I am sure a Dremel can fix it...

Mags. Disc brakes. BMX stem, flat handle bars....the only problem is the wheels.....

I like a good set of stripes on pretty much anything. Those wheels will definitely need that white wall to break up the wall of red

Old and modern 👍 My kinda build

Thanks Cap. I really wanted a vintage frame for this build, because I really like the old/new thing......but....
Now I need a vintage frame for the NEXT build which I am ALREADY planning, lol.
I am just not sure how noticeable the stripes will be with the white walls and rotors....

Wheels look great.
I think they will look better without the stripe since you are going with whitewalls. Red wheels with whitewalls is such a classic ratrod vibe.

kingfish...yes, the traditional flat black/red wheels/whitewalls was a primary inspiration.

FINALLY got the fork from eBay. (from Bulgaria, believe it or not). Its a nice satin black, but that doesn't fir the plan, so, tomorrow I will hit it with some clear matte, and some gloss, (just because), and get some pictures of an actual mock-up.

Latest posts

Back