re-pop tires?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have a question, on one of the other threads someone mentioned re-popped Cheater Slick tires. Could someone enlighten me, are there re-pop slicks out there, what varieties, if so where do you find them? How can you tell the difference. Any info would be appreciated.

I believe Duro and Jerold is what people are referring to as the repop cheater slicks. I believe they are using the term "cheater slick" as a generic slick tire term though, so they are not talking about the tire that Huffy used that had Cheater Slick on the side wall.

There were many blackwall slick tires made in the 70's (and probably 80's) that were "replacement" tires for muscle bikes. Bike Pals comes to mind as a decent replacement slick tire from that era. Nice and wide, and has a dual raised line on the side wall that can be painted with red. There are lots of these types of tires on eBay, vintage blackwall replacement tires like the Bike Pals, Vinlyon, etc.

Here is an example of this type of tire, from someone I know is a good seller:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-20-x-2-...CLE-BIKE-S2-/301738281544?hash=item464100ca48

Hope that helps!

I believe Duro and Jerold is what people are referring to as the repop cheater slicks. I believe they are using the term "cheater slick" as a generic slick tire term though, so they are not talking about the tire that Huffy used that had Cheater Slick on the side wall.

There were many blackwall slick tires made in the 70's (and probably 80's) that were "replacement" tires for muscle bikes. Bike Pals comes to mind as a decent replacement slick tire from that era. Nice and wide, and has a dual raised line on the side wall that can be painted with red. There are lots of these types of tires on eBay, vintage blackwall replacement tires like the Bike Pals, Vinlyon, etc.

Here is an example of this type of tire, from someone I know is a good seller:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-20-x-2-...CLE-BIKE-S2-/301738281544?hash=item464100ca48

Hope that helps!

Thanks a lot that does help, I have been restoring Muscle cars for about 25 years and when I hear Re-Pop I think of identical to the original just newly made. I was aware of Bike Pal but it just kind of threw me when someone said they had a re-pop Cheater Slick. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything, the search for RWL XKE Cheater Slick and Dual Red Line tire is still on. Haha

I'm about to put a 24x1.75 dual redline Cheater Slick off a Huffy Super Stock up for sale.

PM if interested to grab it before Ebay. We'll talk about a fair price.

I know I'll regret this later but I'll have to pass, I'm having to save what I can for parts on this MBBO project but thanks for remembering me

Latest posts

Back