Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying Zombie

~:Undead Forever:~
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Flying Zombie (FZ) is back!
Hello seasoned vets and newcomers alike!

Some of you, many of you here in the forums are old friends and the lot of you rookies will likely carry that same trait for me and one another over time.

I've been in the hobby about five or six years now, owning everything from Murray Spaceliner Deluxe' to a Schwinn JewelTank Autocycle and even a handful of CWC in that time with the oddball Monark and Middleweight department store kicker.,
My Best find and flip was the Autocycle as you can imagine, which I did a full write-up on here in the forums under Fresh Finds right around Sept. Of 2016 and my favorite was a Cleveland Welding (CWC) bike I put together from like-era parts by the same maker. (Mostly 1947-51)

It's been a year or so since I've really had my hands elbow deep in my favorite of rusty rollers, and I think its due time I come back and refresh my knowledge and skills to benefit my (embarrassingly) small and now unimpressive collection as of current from all the time since last as well as come back as the aid and vice for many of you to rely on as another source of documented information.

For you vets, I don't need to tell you where I get into most helpfully and what I love the most :thumbsup:

For all you just joining, you can count on me as a source to Find parts FOR and on the by and by Whole Murrays, CWC, Schwinn, Monark, Higgins, Elgin and a few others.,

Rusty projects and pieces is a favorite as well as a specialty.
If you like Crust, were gonna get along Great ;)

My Favorite brand/Maker is CWC (Cleveland Welding Co.) And when my head's in the hobby, I'm ALWAYS excited to hear about a new part or bike relating to CWC, as well as done out one of the most Collected sources of personal documentation regarding this brand specifically.
(Serial ID, Part relation to model, model style by frame and SN, Original Color Schemes, Reference photos and even a few parts leftover from my last dance in the company of all these other amazing Builders, collectors and riders.)
If it's CWC, I either want to buy it, ID and catalog it or at the very least obviously ride it any day of the week! Show me whatcha got!

All other brands and models may take me an additional day to get to out of stubbornesss, but I Will get to you if you shoot me a message, Tag me or write me a reply anywhere herein! (Add two days for Schwinn inquiries :21:)

It's good to be back, and I can't wait to see all you guys have been up to since I've been out.
FZ

P.s. if you're as hungry for references, clubs and groups as I am, Stop on into my Facebook page @ Zombies Vintage Bicycles and show us what you're riding! We're a growing team of both builder and enthusiasts alike!:bigboss::113:

Erin

Last edited:
Welcome back! Just in time to see the finished BO13 bikes start to roll in.

Welcome back kid, I recall you riding in to RRB on your Flying O!
My, my how you've grown.
Maybe give your old pal Bri in RI a nudge to drop by RRB if you're in contact with him.
I hope you old RRBers are both doing well.

Welcome back kid, I recall you riding in to RRB on your Flying O!
My, my how you've grown.
Maybe give your old pal Bri in RI a nudge to drop by RRB if you're in contact with him.
I hope you old RRBers are both doing well.

Yea, the Otasco was the beginning. So much had come and gone since then, much attributed to the kindness of Brian and you folks here as well.

I'll sure do that, I imagine he still lurks, as he'd mentioned last year or the one before but he's moved into cars big time now.

Latest posts

Back