Really Appreciating Our Forum - Off the Bike for Short Term

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin B

Bicycle Demolitionist
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I had a complete reverse left shoulder replacement. I'm probably sidelined from riding my cruisers or working on them for at least until sometime in August (an old rotator repair was too far gone this time). It is hard to cut back from 6 to 10 miles a day to stopping cold turkey. Thankfully the rrb and all our gang of bike buddies are here. This forum helps me to stay connected and think about the day I can take hold of the handle bars again. Thanks everyone. Following your posts is a joy. I hope my meds didn't make too much of a mess of this post.😃

Yesterday I had a complete reverse left shoulder replacement. I'm probably sidelined from riding my cruisers or working on them for at least until sometime in August (an old rotator repair was too far gone this time). It is hard to cut back from 6 to 10 miles a day to stopping cold turkey. Thankfully the rrb and all our gang of bike buddies are here. This forum helps me to stay connected and think about the day I can take hold of the handle bars again. Thanks everyone. Following your posts is a joy. I hope my meds didn't make too much of a mess of this post.😃
Hang in there man! I'm not quite that bad off as my recovery has been incredibly swift but I just had labrum repair and capsulitis removal done 4 weeks ago. It's the end goal you have to keep in mind :thumbsup:

We'll keep you entertained

Thankfully the rrb and all our gang of bike buddies are here
We're here to help with your medical distress
image.png

Last edited:
I didn't know there is a such thing as a shoulder replacement. Heal up quick.
When your rotator is shot (in my case nonexistent) they put a titanium joint in. It is called "reverse" because the new joint has the ball at the shoulder and the socket on the arm bone. The new joint is operated by a repurposed deltoid muscle. At least that is the best that I could understand the doc's description. Whatever you all do protect your back and joints. I took so much for granted when I was younger.

What Oak Tree said, buy, buy, buy. Take care and get well soon. I had my right bicep torn from my shoulder in a car accident. Unfortunately it's not repairable. So stretching and strength exercises every morning. For me it's a great excuse to have others do things for me. "Could you lift that for me? I'll be sitting over here doing straight shots of Jameson." You know for the pain.🤘

Keep surfing Marketplace and Craigslist for your bike parts hoard and build up a backlog of bike ideas in your head to keep you entertained.
That operation sounds pretty wild. Binge watch some old Six Million Dollar Man episodes and come up with a Bionic Bike build plan.
Heal up and enjoy watching the fun stuff from BO17. RRB is great therapy.

You cannot keep a good man down , electrocuted with 277 dropped 14ft, torn left bicep labrum, 2 broken ribs badly bruised hip, 3 torn ligaments left wrist torn ligament on my left knee. Keep focused 💯 %
You cannot keep a good man down !🙃

Latest posts

Back