Really Appreciating Our Forum - Off the Bike for Short Term

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not mine, Mr Dylan:
"Crimson flames tied through my ears
Rollin' high and mighty traps
Countless with fire on flaming roads
Using ideas as my maps
We'll meet on edges, soon, said I
Proud 'neath heated brow
Ah, but I was so much older then
I'm younger than that now

Half-wracked prejudice leaped forth
Rip down all hate, I screamed
Lies that life is black and white
Spoke from my skull I dreamed
Romantic facts of musketeers
Foundationed deep, somehow

In a soldier's stance, I aimed my hand
At the mongrel dogs who teach
Fearing not that I'd become my enemy
In the instant that I preach
Sisters fled by confusion boats
Mutiny from stern to bow

My guard stood hard when abstract threats
Too noble to neglect
Deceived me into thinking
I had something to protect
Good and bad, I define these terms
Quite clear, no doubt, somehow
I'm younger than that now"

Not mine, Mr Dylan:
"Crimson flames tied through my ears
Rollin' high and mighty traps
Countless with fire on flaming roads
Using ideas as my maps
We'll meet on edges, soon, said I
Proud 'neath heated brow

Half-wracked prejudice leaped forth
Rip down all hate, I screamed
Lies that life is black and white
Spoke from my skull I dreamed
Romantic facts of musketeers
Foundationed deep, somehow

In a soldier's stance, I aimed my hand
At the mongrel dogs who teach
Fearing not that I'd become my enemy
In the instant that I preach
Sisters fled by confusion boats
Mutiny from stern to bow

My guard stood hard when abstract threats
Too noble to neglect
Deceived me into thinking
I had something to protect
Good and bad, I define these terms
Quite clear, no doubt, somehow
I'm younger than that now"
Bob was complicated

41LhjTU9JRL.jpg

I'm taking everyone's advice and messing with parts during my down time. This Bluetooth speaker and MP3 player came in. I'm loading it up from some of my favorite tunes for occasional use during some future rides.
IMG_20220615_141512.jpg

I'm taking everyone's advice and messing with parts during my down time. This Bluetooth speaker and MP3 player came in. I'm loading it up from some of my favorite tunes for occasional use during some future rides.View attachment 196963
1495.jpg

Update, six weeks with a new titanium shoulder joint. I'm able to get my hand on the handlebars. Surgeon said I was free to carefully ride. So far I have ridden a low of 3 miles and a maximum of 9 miles a day on a coaster brake single speed cruiser for about a week. Missed a couple of days because of rain. The forum has kept me connected. I usually read more than I post here. I think these last six weeks are the most active I have ever been. Thanks everyone. I plan to remain active.

Yesterday I had a complete reverse left shoulder replacement. I'm probably sidelined from riding my cruisers or working on them for at least until sometime in August (an old rotator repair was too far gone this time). It is hard to cut back from 6 to 10 miles a day to stopping cold turkey. Thankfully the rrb and all our gang of bike buddies are here. This forum helps me to stay connected and think about the day I can take hold of the handle bars again. Thanks everyone. Following your posts is a joy. I hope my meds didn't make too much of a mess of this post.😃
I had that done about 7 years ago. I had it done in the winter so I could ride the summer. I know it really slows you down and you have to be so careful with lifting and doing physical therapy. I did a lot of winter walking with a hiking pole and after a month some snowshoeing. Very boring if your a cyclist. It it felt great to start cycling in the spring. Just be careful so you can enjoy a good fix. I’m a mess, if it hasn’t been replaced or fused it’s worn out. Fingers bent and twisted, contractures so your hands are like claws, finger joints now bone on bone, mostly from wrenching and opening beer bottles, which I can’t do any without an opener. I have a central tremor so I have to use both hands to put a screwdriver in the slot and then it immediately shakes out. Welding, well, people take bets on where the rod or wire I’ll start. As my dear old mom used to say, getting old isn’t for wimps. My doctor says if you lead an active life, then you end out with worn out parts. Better to be active young and worry about worn out parts later. There may not be a later so wear em out while you can.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back