Rear view mirrors for my Aerobee

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings!
I’ve been riding my Aerobee often and realize that I need rear view mirrors.
I would
29AB5DB3-BB60-40B4-B8AA-7FAD8E447CFF.jpeg
appreciate any suggestions for the type I should get. I’m overwhelmed by the variety on Amazon. Of course, I’d prefer that they fit the style of my bike, but also am concerned about functionality.
Thank you!
Diane

I’ve ridden in a century ride where a dude on an old Schwinn cruiser had one mounted on the down tube. It stuck out like ones on trucks where you’re dragging a trailer. The ones that fit on a helmet or glasses work but take getting used to. The new helmet mount ones are plastic and don’t work nearly as well as the metal ones from the 70s. The metal ones could be bent for a perfect view and clamped solidly to glasses. The ones that mount on bars and frames constantly need adjusting, bouncing and resting on the wall screws up the adjustment. I’ve tried scooter types and they were bad. I wonder if motorcycle or ATV bar mount mirrors would work? Those have been steady for me. Perhaps an ATV mirror on your apes.

Latest posts

Back