RED STERLING 1941 WESTFIELD PREWAR TANK BIKE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I honestly had no intention of entering the build off this year due to other things I had to do. Then a series of events happened & the stars aligned. I found this bike screaming build me. I was told by the original owners niece, That the bike has been in the basement untouched since JFK was elected . The original owner had passed away recently & he was in his 90s. As you can see in the photos the bike was very dusty from sitting all of this time . The entire house had 1940 decor through out. As you can see the fork needs some help.:confused:
IMG_20150531_131445094_zpswr7fv2fo.jpg

IMG_20150531_131457279_zpsmc4hwr9p.jpg

IMG_20150531_131519919_zpsrbta3qc7.jpg

IMG_20150531_131522637_zpsqpvxbfnc.jpg

Last edited:
Then this thing showed up at the Fitchburrg Ma Show on June 20th !What are the odds same badge even ! Both bikes where made 6 months apart ! ( Its not as nice as it appears in the photo frame has paint wear & has had white repainted in many places tires are done for ect. ) But exceptional gold mine parts bike for the Mens bike with awesome original paint wheels & guard for the Mens bike & maybe the light ? Plus has great Mens seat also ! (not in pic.)
IMG_20150620_154006698_zps681o3hqb.jpg

Last edited:
Glad to see you joining the fun. Great cleanup work and awesome fork work!!!
I like the rack on there. Couldn't ask for a better color match.
I also agree with Deven's comments about the guard and fender.

I was going to say.
Keep the rack,use the whitewalls,guard & fenders,and you will have a winner. But a nice set of his & hers matching bikes...

People are telling me to change out the fenders. The problem is condition wise its a huge toss up.
Boys fenders: The front fender is missing a small bottom tail piece.
Girls fenders: For the rear skirt I need a spring & the single length rod (versus the V rod piece wire.) The white has been repainted over the original paint on the girls fenders. Girls fenders are a bit wider that's a plus.:39:

Latest posts

Back