Sandblasting removed every speck of old paint and rust from the frame... including the hard to reach places (like where the chain tension adjusters screw into the dropouts). It also left a slightly rough (mechanically etched) surface which worked out great for filling in a couple of small dings and minor brazing gaps with JB Weld. I let the epoxy cure for a couple of days, then started hand sanding the frame to blend in the filler and smooth out the rough sandblasted surface. I've got some more sanding to do... then I'll spray it with a coat of self-etching primer.
Well, folks.... sorry to admit that all kinds of things have prevented me from getting RED ZEPPELIN done in time for the build off deadline - mainly, I haven't been able to do a proper paint job on the frame yet because of weather (if you live in North Florida or South Georgia you know we've been inundated almost daily with lots of rain and very high humidity for the past couple of months). Not only that, but two of my managers were promoted causing some additional work load for me over the past six weeks or so.
I did want to at least share some mock up pictures with the unpainted Zep frame so you can see the direction I am heading in for this build... I'll definitely post it up when I get a chance to finish it