RedLine 'Rain City' chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's one you don't see everyday, a Red Line 'Rain City' chopper!
A riding buddy had this sitting in his garage since practically new and he had only ridden it a few times. When I first saw it I just about flipped, I'd never seen a more chopper-looking bike (front and rear disc brakes, belt drive, teardrop tank, and lots of other cool details)!

At the time, I made him an offer and he said he'd let me know IF and when he decided to sell it, almost two years later he calls and says he ready to sell.

Anyway, the bike was completely filthy when I got it so here's what it looked like before;

DSC05462.jpg

DSC05464.jpg

DSC05465.jpg

DSC05463.jpg

The previous owner had a custom aluminum seat post made so a 'regular' seat could be mounted. I think he had a Phat Cycles seat on it when I got it and it is the most uncomfortable seat I ever ridden on in my life (actually the original seat is probably worse!)!
So, I yanked it off and put a on 'big butt' seat for the time being. I also removed the 'Iron Cross mirror.

Anyway, here are the 'after' pics!

DSC05467.jpg

DSC05469.jpg

DSC05470.jpg

DSC05468.jpg

Here it is with the original 'factory' seat, not very comfortable either!

DSC08483.jpg

Here it is with the 'big butt' seat, which greatly improved the ride!

DSC05561.jpg

So different from an OCC chopper, but when you put the stock seat on it I saw LOTS in common... oddly. Very cool bicycle. I like that spring saddle in the first photos, let me know if you have plans for it.

Sweet looking chopper. I love that belt drive.

Thanks for the comments guys! I love this bike and it's a real head turner!

The only thing I'm considering changing at this point is to add a 3 speed hub. There are a few OCC choppers that have Sturmey 3 speed hubs that are wider for the 4" wheel.

Several have asked about the springer seat, I gave it back to the guy I bought the bike from.
He LOVED that seat. It was the springiest seat I've ever been on but the leather saddle was SOOOO HARD that you couldn't ride for very long. I was happy to get rid of it!

As far as the belt goes, I believe there is a part number on it and that Gates carries them (for some other application), I'm sure they are not cheap though.

Beautiful chopper...Im awaiting delivery of one myself...now I really cant wait!!
Good Luck with her ..Enjoy
:D

after owning 2 of those the only real down side is there is no adjusting the handlebars.and if you put the forks down too far,the kickstand scraps the street

I just traded for one of these. Does anyone have the part number for the gates belt?

Now your talkin! I would end up in the hospital. so that wouldnt be so cool. Still nobody knows the gates belt part number. I got the SKU # from redline but cant cross reference it with a gates part #.

what ever you got it for.. good deal :)
those are rare and high quality.. totally out of Redlines standard to come out with this..
noticed aluminum frame, how much it weigh? <o_0>

Latest posts

Back