Reflections of a faded Swinger..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Time to finish this off, still alotta fun in the meanwhile..

1. Couldn't help myself, bought an early birthday present after not sleeping a few nights, then realized this is build off category #!!
    index.php
    index.php

2. Lots of vintage fun to be had, check this out:
    index.php

3. It needs a special seat post, tracked down a new one on eBay...not cheap!

4. This seat too!
    index.php

5. Gonna keep paint as is, can't wait for my sissy to arrive.

6. Just a swingin'! ~ John Anderson

You might want to edit your build title to read 'MBBO #5 Class I'.....:grin:

7. Thanks mate!
  8. :thumbsup::banana:

9. Awesome stuff! Welcome to the build-off!
  10. index.php
    Squeezed in a little wrenching time, that old seat post is seized the heck in there...hmmm, might have to swap to that old Troxel from my other build...
    Still, as a first mock up, I am pretty excited!

11. Swing:thumbsup::forum:

12. Looks good, but that seat location looks like wheelie time!
    Don't these normally run a lay forward post?

Luke.
  13. They do, but the incomplete OG post has seriously seized in there....

14. Ah, that makes it hard...

Last edited:
  1. Keep soaking the seat post in PowerBlaster. The stuff is amazing. Bike is too...

2. I'll get some, the deep Troxel looks good w it's middle post mount, but will need a lot taller sissy...
    index.php

3. Keep soaking the seat post in PowerBlaster. The stuff is amazing. Bike is too...

Carl.
    Might need to stick something in the top of it to pound the wedge out of the bottom too. Troxel should look cool on there.

4. Seat post still a pain, I might have to modify a clamp to get seat it lower,thus changing the angle, but I'm soaking w wd40..
    However, took it for a spin,even wobbled w rear steering, stayed on, amazingly!

5. index.php

6. Seat position looks much better!

Luke.

7. index.php

8. idk why i thought it was much bigger :39:, or you'r a giant ? :giggle:
    Nice ride!:113:
  9. Chad T, LukeTheJoker, RustyGold and 2 others like this.

10. Cool ride! I remember Iot to ride one once when I was a kid. Seemed bigger.

11. That's pretty cool that you were able to get Greg Allman to ride it while you were taking the pictures. ;) :cool2:

Last edited:
Finally got a nice rear reflector(after foil/pb blasting the bracket), I inverted it and slid it under the seat to echo the shapely banana seat :)
I'm probably not gonna roll w a front brake, the tuck in is already quite dodgy, and I think more folk's test rides wouldn't end as well w the addition....

Latest posts

Back