REMIX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fordsnake said:
The Renaissance Man said:
This thing looks cool!
I figured it out... it's a steampunk chicken!

Darn, you found my inspiration!

Once it's rideable, you could rename it 'POULTRY IN MOTION'. :mrgreen:

fordsnake said:
This thing looks cool!
I figured it out... it's a steampunk chicken!

Darn, you found my inspiration!

Once it's rideable, you could rename it 'POULTRY IN MOTION'. :mrgreen:
Thanks, but you can keep that moniker for yourself? I noticed you're not in this years BO competition...what's the matta, ya too chicken? :wink:

R-Man's in the comp. He's building an adult size Yamaha Moto.

fordsnake said:
Thanks, but you can keep that moniker for yourself? I noticed you're not in this years BO competition...what's the matta, ya too chicken? :wink:
Oops, I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. :wink:

No problem... I learned some time ago, it's hard to soar like an eagle when flying with a bunch of chickens. :wink:

Watch Me Now!

I'm a happy camper today...I got my new computer!!! It's been a miserable 3 1/2 weeks without it. I've been working on a good-for-nothing piece of junk in the interim. Now I can finally get back to taking and submitting pics as I work on my build...I am so stoked!!!!

Re: Watch Me Now!

fordsnake said:
I'm a happy camper today...I got my new computer!!! It's been a miserable 3 1/2 weeks without it. I've been working on a good-for-nothing piece of junk in the interim. Now I can finally get back to taking and submitting pics as I work on my build...I am so stoked!!!!
Then quit yappin' and GET TA BUILDIN'!! :mrgreen:

fordsnake said:
Great. I kept checking to see what you had done. Glad you are up and running at 100% again.
That's some great patination that you have been using on your builds. What would the chances be of your doing a tutorial in "How To" after the builds are over ?

menzorro said:
That's some great patination that you have been using on your builds. What would the chances be of your doing a tutorial in "How To" after the builds are over ?

No problem...today I painted Remix's frame with five colors and the end result has this unique bronze-copper tone. I'm using some new techniques this time around on how to age so it appears weathered and worn.

When I began this build, I didn't want to alter the bike's originality. So like always I pursued the footprint of Mofaux and Mofo; everything to be modular, to be removable and not permanent. Today I began mating the tank with the leather shroud. The shroud (one of two) is held onto the tank by a metal clasp ( a door handle) on the front and anchored to the frame by the flexible tubing.

Wicked!!!
That tank armor has been reminding me of the Kronen character from Hellboy
3579051548_62e79f734c.jpg

fordsnake said:
When I began this build, I didn't want to alter the bike's originality. So like always I pursued the footprint of Mofaux and Mofo; everything to be modular, to be removable and not permanent. Today I began mating the tank with the leather shroud. The shroud (one of two) is held onto the tank by a metal clasp ( a door handle) on the front and anchored to the frame by the flexible tubing.

.... that is wicked looking!!!
We need to start having a RatRodBike Rally somewhere. I want to see a lot of these in person!!!!

Latest posts

Back