Renegade Outlaw

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Funkme

𝐰𝐰𝐰.𝐟𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐚𝐤𝐞.𝐧𝐮𝐭
Reaction score
And on the 3rd day,she decides is she in or is she out???

Still uncertain,if I will finish,but will enter.I know I won't be able to get started until June.
Have been very busy this year,and that is why I didn't finish my Offroad entries.:(

This build has been in my mind for the last 3 buildoffs,but I kept changing my mind at the last minute.So will attempt to do it this year.Originally the idea was to make it from 17" motorcycle rims,and build it similar to my avatar pic.(olde,lean n mean)
I now work for a pedaling tour company where we do beach rides with MTB bikes.So Have the same idea with a twist.I will use a old mtb frame and turn it into a cruiser,leaving all gears etc(not my thing,but needed for the hills here.)

Starting off with this old Boss mtb frame that I found next to a garbage bin on the road.
Pssst !!!! you all know how KF takes his pics besides his wifes lovely koi pond!
Here is mine...:D:giggle:
DSCN6897.JPG
DSCN6899.JPG
And some parts,The original rims with disc brakes(could make them wider to fit in 3" tires,still pondering on that),with some vintage girder forks...
DSCN6904.JPG
Fell in love with this motorcycle in the winter time,and I want to build one from a old skyteam that I have here.But before I do.I want to try it out on a bicycle first.So this is sort of the concept I am aiming for.(minus engine)
bike134-0_20130317015821.JPG
cd211a47.jpg

This should be a cool . Great idea I hope you have the time to pull it off . It kinda reminds me of a motocross hill climber . [emoji109]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you decide to jump in Miss Funk! You are one of my favorite builders and it's not the same without you.
Queenfish and I love the turtle pond and the build you are "pond"ering

Awesome, I love your out of the box thinking on this one, and the girder is too cool!!

Thanx Guys,always enjoy your support.
Hope to have more time later,but work is hectic at the moment,so I take it as I get it.
kingfish254 my pond is just a temp idea until I can build something better.The red eared slider loves it,and it has a solar fountain.But had to have lil dig...Wink wink,nudge,nudge...

Thanx Guys,always enjoy your support.
Hope to have more time later,but work is hectic at the moment,so I take it as I get it.
kingfish254 my pond is just a temp idea until I can build something better.The red eared slider loves it,and it has a solar fountain.But had to have lil dig...Wink wink,nudge,nudge...

Ponds, fountains, and soup cans are the latest trend. :eek::D

If all goes well,at this point I wont be cutting anything from the frame,just adding a curved top bar,and maybe extending the rear end.Still pondering.
Also I just checked out some 82mm rims,with brown boa G's,
122808.jpg
would like to go fat,that would set me back 230euro
or another choice would be to go for the rattleback snakeskinz .That way I would just use the rims I have.
11.jpg
and then also the brown quickbricks
images
Still need to decide on a color choice

You're right. Thankfully, it was a short lived fad. :android:

So here is a ruff sketch...
The seat has to be at a nice length so I am not scrunched up,so I will match the rear end to that,unless I find a way to be able to slide the seat in or out without making it look to stupid.
816GSpJgCmL._SL1500_.jpg
And then add all the ratty bits,

I guess it must get steep around there, even the one lung street bikes are tail-stretched. :grin:
I get around on the singlespeeds,but most off the time I get off and push,up the hills.Bike riding is a big craze here at the moment.

Funk it's good to see you on the build roster! Missed you at the end of ORBO, but I guess 'busy' is good right? And your koi pond shot....ahahahha! :21: Nice play!
Looking forward to this one.....
Yep no time in the end,but I could always enter it next time...Dropbear is still sitting in the same spot...I am trying to use these frames,in a more useful way,instead of chopping them up.

Latest posts

Back