Rescued Before The Scrap Man Got 'em!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
specialized team stumpjumper.JPG

1989 Specialized Team Stumpjumper

As usual, Cap is correct. Matti like. That Stumpy is no dept store bike. That's top of the line from a top shelf manufacturer. Tange (Prestige? Can't read the seatpost sticker) tubes, and made in the US, with the best Shimano had to offer. Almost limitless potential, once the fork is sorted. The Manitou is a good one, but judging by condition, probably in need of overhaul

As usual, Cap is correct. Matti like. That Stumpy is no dept store bike. That's top of the line from a top shelf manufacturer. Tange (Prestige? Can't read the seatpost sticker) tubes, and made in the US, with the best Shimano had to offer. Almost limitless potential, once the fork is sorted. The Manitou is a good one, but judging by condition, probably in need of overhaul
Prestige, and yes, the fork is fubar. The previous owner didn’t know that and did an endo with it. That was the last time he rode it.

These are my "daily drivers."

IMG_4131.JPG

1990 26" Schwinn Frontier. The only new Schwinn I ever owned.

IMG_4007(Edited).jpg

2019 Pure Cycles Fix, Adrenaline Shock energy drink branded promotional piece. A buddy worked for the beverage company, and he was tasked with assembling dozens of these for use as in-store displays which would eventually be raffled off to consumers. My friend assembled the bikes on his time at home, so he was given two of them as compensation. He gave one of them to me!

This one I cleaned up for a friend's wife. It was gonna be scrapped too, and it was like brand new! The things folks throw away is nauseating. All it needed was tubes, tires, and a good scrubbing. I also cleaned and greased the crank and fork bearings. It is a solid, safe, fun bike. Yes, it is a Huffy Cranbrook. And yes, I am easily amused. :p

IMG_4023(Edited).jpg

The things folks throw away is nauseating
Ain't that the truth. I do very well driving by the local community drop center

Columbia's, Gary Fishers, and Schwinn's oh my! :giggle:

View attachment 167240
Huffy Sea Pines. Wow, is this thing hashed, but it has a few usable parts. Upon disassembly, I discover the forks are completely rotted out at the dropouts. Anybody need 26 x1 3/8 3-speed wheels/hubs? I have two complete sets now which I will not use.
I got a single speed like this last week garage saleing for $5. Now,what should I do with it?

I got a single speed like this last week garage saleing for $5. Now,what should I do with it?
Whatever you feel like doing to it, my man! Part it out, or fix it up and give it away to a deserving person.
Mine had a rotted out fork, and I found the frame to be of inferior weld/build quality even to the 1981 Sears Free Spirit I restored and gifted...so I scrapped the frame and fork and kept all the remaining bits for future mucking about.

Well I'm thinking yard art.I just lost my 75 yr old aunt a few months back.Her favorite color is yellow so I'm thinking about painting it yellow & putting someplace in her honor.

View attachment 167240
Huffy Sea Pines. Wow, is this thing hashed, but it has a few usable parts. Upon disassembly, I discover the forks are completely rotted out at the dropouts. Anybody need 26 x1 3/8 3-speed wheels/hubs? I have two complete sets now which I will not use.
so my friend and I have recently joined forces to do what I call retro moderns, for this bike we would go with cleaning up the frame, stripping down all parts replace bearings, regrease everything and keeping the patina sealed in but all new wheels/bar/stem and seat, gum or cream wall tyres cream grips and seat and may go with some cream pin striping lines just to give the frame a little something something, but trust me, getting it to look well balanced and looking right isn't as easy as it seems, I have a few unfinished builds because the right parts haven't crossed my path,and so the collection grows

Latest posts

Back