Return of the Living Dead

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
udallcustombikes said:
I was just worried about ya. And I have realized that I kinda over did it on the swap meet and clean up. I am out of the cool parts I need!

/begin smack talk
Its good that your worried! bwahahaha
/end smack talk

A Voodoo priestess AND sacrificing chickens.... Im doomed!

Cody, I did get the wheels unlaced with a pair of wire cutters, that Comet (or is it Komet?) hub sure cleaned up pretty!! wow I was amazed. I did get it laced into the 700c rim so I can use it on the Indian bike.... pics and probably a new thread for that later.

The drop center rims cleaned up nice too. I may go ahead and use them on this bike. I think it will fit the theme better anyways. my only other option was to powdercoat the painted set I got from Cameron.

Voodoo_Priestess_by_michellemoni-1.jpg

Picked up the sister to your bike.... I think this will be my next years build... The true "Living Dead Girl" 8)
001-2.jpg

Whole reason I picked this bike up is for all the neat goodies it had on it still.... and it STILL HAS A HEADBADGE!

Ok I just couldnt bring myself to welding a bunch of trinkets to the frame, so I've decided to build this one the way I want. To me it really begs for a restoration, return it to its former glory kind of thing. I will start a new thread in the regular build section.

I will be saving the original fork, even though I had to hack it up to get the stem out.

I will be sending some parts off to be rechromed, gonna blast the frame and refinish it in original colors. I still need to see some photos of an original 41 so I can copy the paint scheme.

Ive got a 'new' old chain on the way, and will be building up a set of wheels with a nice original front hub, and the newly rechromed back hub.

Still need to find...
Handlebars and grips
maybe a set of fenders (not sure If Im gonna save the originals or not)
pedals
Tires
Headbadge rivets
and Im sure a bunch of small stuff

If you look close at this ad.... It may have been painted blue on white two tone.....

Wester_Flyer_ad.jpg

Thanks for the pic.

And yeah mine appears to be blue on the front part of the bike, and I can still faintly make out the scallops, I believe the rest of it was white.

I will take a detailed side shot of the frame, then measure for the original scallops and record it so I can duplicate the paint scheme.

I also need to figure out if the kickstand was originally chrome, or zinc plated.... Im thinking it was zinc since I cant find any trace of chrome left on it.

The bike also had a speedometer ring mounted to the front wheel, and a bracket mounted on the handlebars to hold the speedo head?
The speedo head would have to be pretty small to fit in the bracket. any ideas on that?

Latest posts

Back