reversed head setup???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm building a 2nd 80cc motorbike & have a question more along the lines of styling... If I were to spin the cylinder & head 180 degrees in which the carburetor is in front of the motor and exhaust is out the now back of cylinder will it still fire?
20151228_115430.jpg

The Short answer is, "Yes it will."
Now, I never done this myself, but if you go to motorbicycling.com, there has been a few people that has done it.

Now assuming you can cut and weld, some obstacles to overcome are :
- Matching the transfer ports (may be doable without, but not optimal)
- Flipping the piston (this is to avoid the ring gap biting into the ports)
- Fabricate a new intake manifold
- Route the exhaust
- And if you have a slant head, flip the head ALONG with the jug so that the spark plug points towards the exhaust, like it is stock.

Only thing that I don't know would be the magneto. I'd assume it can be left untouched since it has no mechanical advance.

Essentially, all the action is happening on the jug and the head.

Thx... I figured i asked around and they all looked at me like it was impossible lol i proposed the same therories as you did (from previous knowledge of 2-strokes) but i will try it once i finish the frame. Im trying to build a series of chopper style custom motorbikes Here's a pic of my first build I'm currently trying to fabricate an exhaust for it any tips for it will also be greatly appreciated!!!
20151221_130312.jpg

Considering how dang roomy your frame is, you might be able to get away with using the stock intake manifold, just make sure your carbs aren't TOO angled, otherwise it'll mess with your float level.

The biggest problem is port-matching the transfer ports. The meat left on the engine case is pretty darn thin and I doubt you'll be able to port match a reversed jig to the case perfectly.

Latest posts

Back