RIDE-ON

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now he casually drops a shrouded Elgin like it's no biggie. I keep getting slaughtered by the background bikes, Vin!
I think the stripped down look is best. Have you tried the rack without fenders?

Chain guard no chain guard?
7933D866-DA6F-4BE6-A155-3298A4532D0A.jpeg

Likes: Fat tires, skip chain, great looking vintage seat, front suspension fork and handlebars. I love the tank. I like the fenderless, rackless look the best. I think the tire size and color sells the bike the best. I'm a chainguard guy and you are considering one. Right on. Really fine looking klunker/cruiser.

Killer goody stash!
Here is my take on the cool combos.
The longspring saddle is a must.
The tires look way cooler with no fenders. The rear looks okay with the rack, but looks better without it.
The bike looks better with the tank on it than with it removed.
Both the X53 and the Colson guard look great, but I think the Colson turkey wing looks the coolest.
The Monark springer doesn't quite look right on there. The Roadmaster springer looks great, but I bet the beehive may look even better.
Killer build in so many configurations, but those are my opinions on the coolest combo.

Killer goody stash!
Here is my take on the cool combos.
The longspring saddle is a must.
The tires look way cooler with no fenders. The rear looks okay with the rack, but looks better without it.
The bike looks better with the tank on it than with it removed.
Both the X53 and the Colson guard look great, but I think the Colson turkey wing looks the coolest.
The Monark springer doesn't quite look right on there. The Roadmaster springer looks great, but I bet the beehive may look even better.
Killer build in so many configurations, but those are my opinions on the coolest combo.
hes-right-you-know-image-566702-morgan-freeman-53644077~2.png

Didn’t get much done on my Build with the Honey-Due-List for today including building her a electrified bike! I’ll have to add a rear rack to mount the battery.
I guess you could say was a good break from my normal build routine to kinda refresh the mind.
B13D9AFB-E636-479C-A976-BCB015A39D6D.jpeg
D6B83FEF-1AEC-40E3-A947-0EA59C156BA9.jpeg
ADF59D6D-2E7C-4FB3-A9E7-0FE485572BE3.jpeg

A058FD5A-E532-4096-ABAD-F37ECB121741.jpeg

Attachments

• FB038FB6-6371-458C-B1B2-D52EA46E4392.jpeg
    FB038FB6-6371-458C-B1B2-D52EA46E4392.jpeg
    630.9 KB · Views: 0
I am fascinated by the whole chainguard issue, because my experience in the UK is that chain guards were usually simply simply that - two piece boxes to enclose the chain or a basic top cover. I am sure there were good ones fitted, and while I enjoy many of the ones I see here I am more fascinated by how many people say yes to you fitting one :)

Latest posts

Back