Riff Ratt upgrade

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes:

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I went back to the original apes and the fenders I looked at previously finally went on sale. Instead of fifty bucks, they were less than twenty. They showed up in two days from ordering. I just laid them on for a look and will do some modifying and mounting tomorrow.
fenders2.jpg

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I went to work on mounting the fenders. I chopped 5 inches off the rear to make it a shorty fender. The braces were too long, made for fat bikes, so I bent them into curves, like the old CWC braces. That should work. I wanted the bottom attachment of the rear fender stronger since it's plastic, so I cut out the bottom of the piece I cut off and glued it to the bottom where I left a tab already. Tomorrow I'll drill a hole and clean up the edges. Then I'll need to fab up a couple of brackets, for the rear lower mount and the top front mount. It should all work with no problem.
fenders2 23 Oct 21.jpg

fenders3 23 Oct 21.jpg

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
The glue didn't work at all, so I went through the scrap box and found a metal brace all ready to go. I just needed to drill the holes in the fender. I just need to cut out a scallop for the chain and put a brace on the front, although it's wedged in tightly. Before and after pics.
fender brace2 24 Oct 21.jpg

fenders before 24 Oct 21.jpg

fenders on 24 Oct 21.jpg

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I snagged the gold seat springs for my offroad build, but replaced them with the same springs as the rear shocks.

springs 08 Nov 21.jpg

Latest posts