(Rigid Rodent) name change ... Tireless Trainer ... finished!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went across the street and grabbed my lunch. Mini corn dogs and fries
20220702_120512.jpg
20220702_120713.jpg
also brought These Bars out this morning to put on Ridgid Rodemt
20220702_125823.jpg
20220702_125800.jpg

Last edited:
Agree, I have a pile of front rims with no matching rears, finding the right donor frame with a sweeping downtube long enough may be a challenge.

White looks great, I'm undecided on color for latest build... hmm

Kick biking is going to be a whole different experience.
Well in my 58 year I have mastered the skateboard, unicycle, and of course bicycle...
So now : time to broaden the horizon .View attachment 198489
I found and saved this video. I will be using this video to perfect the technique.
Even if I never get it right. At least I'll have fun trying.

I like that color.
Cool instructional video too. I just wish the dude had more of OzzyMan's personality. :D
PS, Nice new kicks for your kicker

I love red vans and waffles!

We had a dark red late '70s Chevy van and my mom made the best buttermilk waffles.

In the 70s
Granddaddy, and daddy: would snag just about every van that came up for sale.
Most of them were the 64 to 72 style. With the engine bay where you opened up between the seats.
Dad would fix mechanically whatever needed, and repair whatever body damage was and touch them up. We would paint murals and Stripes whatever came to mind on the sides of them. And a lot we would just throw wood paneling inside and some Shag carpet maybe make a bed in the back. Y'all know the 70s van styles.

Anywho: they would flip them then.
My dad saved every bit of paint from the jobs from the shop. And normally had whatever color needed for the side jobs which were the vans that was being flipped for profit.

Dad had one he drove all the time
it was a 65 GMC shortwheelbase ; had 10" Cragar SS on the rear and 4.5 in on the front. With hijackers on the back. Was solid white cargo van. 6 cylinder 3-speed.

I remember after a few of them dad started getting Brave and we used jigsaws to cut for sunroof, portholes, Bay windows, man that was always fun to do. But, had to be a Precision job.
( measure, measure again measure again, and again. Then cut.

Aafor waffles : on my list for tomorrow's breakfast!

Aa i look at this crazy pile of shoe boxes with VANS on side ..... it looks like a van in.
Oh those where the days .

Last edited:
Looks great. Love that paint color on there.

Latest posts

Back