RIKI-TIKI-RATI Completed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
...coming out like the explosive lava from the Mauna Kea volcano in Hawaii......RIKI-TIKI-RATI :!: :!: :!:
SANY0152z.jpg

SANY0167.jpg

SANY0149z.jpg

Driftwood surfboard rack
SANY0152.jpg

SANY0160.jpg

SANY0148.jpg

SANY0157.jpg

SANY0158.jpg

Son: ...hey dad, what will happen if you put your finger in the chainwheel?

SANY0151.jpg

RR Dad:...silly boy, they become valve covers...uhhh...pull my finger
Son: Eeeewwww thats gross!!!
(true story while building)

SANY0150.jpg

SANY0146.jpg

SANY0162.jpg

SANY0144.jpg

SANY0161.jpg

...and now some random stuff caught by the mystical grip of R-T-R

SANY0144x.jpg
SANY0145x.jpg
SANY0146x.jpg
SANY0147x.jpg
SANY0148x.jpg
SANY0149x.jpg
SANY0150x.jpg

...yep the other day, a car was magically pulled towards me and almost side swiped me on its maiden voyage
. Thanks everybody and goodluck.

wow! :shock: The magnetic wood tank and surf board style rack is soooo cool 8) A head turner for sure. Super job! :D

the brake arm is great sorta one of those "i should a thought of that moments." the tank is sweet too nice bike ready to cruise the beach

Wow! Too many cool things to point out! My favorite part during your build thread was the sprocket, but seeing it done, I gotta go with the severed finger valve caps! Good job!

Thanks everyone for your input and motivational oomphf.
mastronaut said:
Dang! So many cool things to check out on your build, tell me you are part mad-man! :wink:
I didn't start-off as a mad-man...I was driven to the brink by women :shock: :lol: :lol:
herr_rudolf said:
LOOK MAW... NO FINGER!

sjeeeeez... What a cool bike. I like almost everything about this bike. New to me are the fingers. The surfrack complete with fin. The textured and magnetic wooden tank. I could go on and on... I love the humor on this bike.

Well done!
Thanks...I built it for my 6 yr old son so he can tell all his freinds "my dads bike is cooler than yours" , and also to bother his mother :wink: :roll: Hooray for RR bikes!!!

Absolutly love the little details on this bike...

Now...I have stuck my finger in my chainwheel while riding

Back when i rode BMX bikes around constantly, i felt like the bike was moving sluggish, i went to go pull on the chain, trying to see how tense it was while still pedaling(you know...it usually gets pulled tight again)

Well, I meant to drag my hand and little did i realize my hand was keeping up with the chain, I got about 2 teeth through my fingers...and i was riding a coaster brake bike. The first thing i thought was....Oh...What...OW!!!
and pulled my hand out, One bloody grip and sprocket later, I didnt check my chains when i was riding again

Goodluck!

TheFlyingDingo said:
Absolutly love the little details on this bike...

Now...I have stuck my finger in my chainwheel while riding

Back when i rode BMX bikes around constantly, i felt like the bike was moving sluggish, i went to go pull on the chain, trying to see how tense it was while still pedaling(you know...it usually gets pulled tight again)

Well, I meant to drag my hand and little did i realize my hand was keeping up with the chain, I got about 2 teeth through my fingers...and i was riding a coaster brake bike. The first thing i thought was....Oh...What...OW!!!
and pulled my hand out, One bloody grip and sprocket later, I didnt check my chains when i was riding again

Goodluck!
AHhhh, you too?...only I was trying to remove some long grass that was stuck in the chain while I was STILL on the bike pedaling...Yep I did a face plant on the hard asphalt in front of some cute girls when I was in 6th grade...those were the days :| :| :)

Great detail work, this is definitely my favorite TIKI. I really like the brake arm.

Latest posts

Back