ROAD BIKES LETS SEE EM

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ScurryMurray said:
Heres my 70s Fuji. First photo is as I got it, second is as it currently sits.

Nice Job on the bike ..Do you have a close up of it..! I would like to see the painted lugs.. :)

Here's a couple I have laying around 70's Windsor ( made in Mexico) I will probably keep for a while
shifty002.jpg

shifty005.jpg

windsor005.jpg

Here's my ( from what I can determine ) sixties BSA Tour of Britain
tour003.jpg

I thought I had more pics of my 83 Trek but ?
S7301427.jpg

Here is my Talisman. Hand built frame that I picked up from the Boise Bike Project. I can't find much about the builder besides he was from Seattle(maybe). Since these pictures I have added some bar-end shifters and a honey Brooks B17.

0929091701c.jpg

0921091640.jpg

0929091701a.jpg

Granth said:
lovin those bars on the orange bike cman, what are they?
Moustache bars. Nitto makes them. I think these are made by Origin8. They are roadbike sized for 26.0 mm clamps but do fit bar end shifters.

nice, I always love the combination of moustache type bars and a nifty little frontcarrier...it makes me happy some how ;-)

(probably because it reminds me of late 70's holidays with my parents in france)

My "Clubman", made from a 78 Raleigh record ace, before and after.

111jo81.jpg

2zz6gk1.jpg

60's Hercules 10 speed, original except tires and handlebars.
s64pyx.jpg

I got two in running condition, first is an '09 SC Draft... love it, and it weighs in @ about 24lbs, half the weight of my Spaceliner! Just replaced the hybrid straight bar with a much better headset!
IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_3613.jpg

And i just picked up this converted(?) BSA 10-speed. The guy at the shop said it was early '60s...
but I don't think Birmingham Small Arms made anything beyond an internal 3-speed!!! It's a fun bike to ride. Glad it has gears cuz it weighs in at 35lbs, but hte gears balance it out for the ups and downs! plus the cool fenders keep me a tad dryer when rain riding! Just flipped the bars and added an old Generator lamp from Europe via eBay, I jerry rigged it with some LEDs and a AAA batery pack!
IMG_5788.jpg

IMG_5907.jpg

From back in the 1994/95 season.

web.jpg

The bike:
web.jpg

1994 F. Moser aluminum frame with chrome fork. Full Shimano 600/Ultegra group. Ringle Moby Post with a Avocet saddle. Mavic hoops currently with some blue striped 700x19 tires. Unfortunately the STI shifters took a crap and there was no bringing them back to life (dang, non-rebuildable parts). Currently has random Campy levers with Shimano down-tube shifters.

My old roadie - an '86 (or '87?) Bianchi Campione Del Mundo (bought new, my first "serious" bike), converted to a flat bar rider with Titec alum. bar, new Cyclepro seat post, brake levers and cables, softer seat for my aging backside, slightly wider 700x28 Bontrager Race-Lites, removed bottle cages, and still sporting all the titanium fasteners I added in the '80s! :mrgreen:
Light as a feather, handles like a Ferrari, and the Celeste Green still grabs me like the day I bought it almost 2 1/2 decades ago! Everybody keeps trying to talk me into turning it into a fixie, but I live in the foothills, and like riding it too much!
288.jpg

I love the BSA but that seat has to go. lol. They made all kinds of bikes right up until the 80's I believe...ten speeds, three speeds, track(fixed), single speed. They covered it all. The French made cranks are kinda odd but my Hercules came with Simplex cottered cranks and that's British so it's not all that odd.

id love another road bike to build into a 1 or 3 speed. i've got a 70s raleigh right now that i'm going to ride for a while and probably commute on if possible.

Latest posts

Back