ROAD BIKES LETS SEE EM

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bbike001.jpg
not vintage but have put alot of miles on this baby 8)

Got this a few weeks ago to replace my Trek OCLV...

2011 BMC SR02 with 105. Since this photo was taken, it's had new bars and stem with black tape added.

6322469044_581b5162b5_b.jpg

the old Trek getting ready to be sold:

6344339772_5f8a6f217c_b.jpg

riderick said:
Posted before, but a little housekeeping performed and switched to the Rally der.
Still have to get the rear straddle cable....
dd020862.jpg

cc7d81aa.jpg

813ed88b.jpg

038875c4.jpg

Areal beauty, but in my oppinion you should slam the stem, it makes it look a bit faster.

Current Road Bike is a Ribble Gran Fondo. Dedacciai frame, Campag Centaur carbon, white Halo Mercury wheels & Vittoria whitewalls. The wheels & tyres really divide opinion but I like 'em!

Fondo1aJPEG-1.jpg

DSC00209.jpg

UK Roman said:
Current Road Bike is a Ribble Gran Fondo. Dedacciai frame, Campag Centaur carbon, white Halo Mercury wheels & Vittoria whitewalls. The wheels & tyres really divide opinion but I like 'em!

Fondo1aJPEG-1.jpg

DSC00209.jpg

it's a different look, that's for sure.

I just put white wheels on my BMC, but they are not "as white" as yours, and I stuck with black tires:

6950863990_8ea2468491_b.jpg

UK Roman said:
Nice, I like the originality BMCs.

ya, they have cool frames. mine is just aluminum (with carbon fork), but I wanted to try it. I have a full carbon Kestrel, and an old OCLV already. It's a fairly stiff ride, but acceptable.

A couple of Motobecanes.
Red & black Grand Record has wheels built from NOS Pelissier hubs and have gone for the older European style & put on as many French parts as practical. Still a lot from Japan & it imitates the French style (fenders, racks). Plus just plain good Nitto bars & stem. Stem shifter set up uses Suntour Sprint shifters, pure smooth friction shifting joy. Since picture I have covered the bars ahead of the brake levers in stitched elkhide. Gives a nice hand position further forward. Future plans include an extra front wheel with generator hub and some working classic fancy French lights for getting home after dark.
696d7a94.jpg

f3588cdf.jpg

3d2d6ced.jpg

Black & silver Jubile. Stronglight & Huret. Awaiting the fender treatment (or not), maybe a milder set of modifications and a tune up & wheel truing.
52f28258.jpg

I run my handlebars about seat height for all day comfort.

I just got my old 1982 Raleigh Competition GS running again after sitting for a really long time.15- 20 years? I replaced it with a Raleigh Super Course in 1992. I bought this new in 1982, first bicycle that I paid a lot of money for. At least it was in 1982, I paid $686.40. It came with mostly Campy Grand Sport later upraded to Super Record. Still have new chain, bar tape and more spit and polish to finish it off. Great bike had lots of good times riding it. I hope to get healhty enough this summer (ankle surgery last month, number 8) to get it rolling again. It deserves to be on the road.
004-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back