Road Rash Completed… SOME pics here--->

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You really got the shine back on the crank arms and pedals! What do you call that bit you used? It looks like some sort of paint removal bit, but I'd like to know what to search or ask for so I can get one as I have a crank in similar condition for my build and I'd love to get it to that level! Great work, love the camel back frame.

You really got the shine back on the crank arms and pedals! What do you call that bit you used? It looks like some sort of paint removal bit, but I'd like to know what to search or ask for so I can get one as I have a crank in similar condition for my build and I'd love to get it to that level! Great work, love the camel back frame.
It's the 3M paint and rust removal bit. I found it at a Meijer ( big box store ) in the automotive section. Inexpensive too. I used a corse steel brush bit for the pedals. I used the 3M thing on my kick stand too and it cleaned it up nicely as well.

Some updates. I put a Nexus 3 hub on a Velocity NoBS rim. Smooth test ride. I haven't connected the shifter yet as I'm still figuring out what I want to do there. Also, I'm not really crazy about the back tire. I have something wider on the way. Grips are original, but I'm not sure they're right for the bike now.

These ride rad setup like this. Cool build

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

I found a stick shifter for a schwinn hurricane which mounts on the stem… I wanted to try and mount it here:

Covered it with a tin I found and painted...

It was too big and awkward, so I mounted it where it was made to be mounted.

I like it there now. I didn't like it when it had the black plastic cover on it. Made it look like a toy. I cut it off before I had a chance to take a picture of it.
I also included this photo of my mad-scientist looking work bench today. I was too submerged into trying to reach the "light at the end of the tunnel" to worry about putting stuff away.

Last edited:
Nice work on the shifter!

Latest posts

Back