Rocinante my Krusty Klunker!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love ride videos! We don't see enough of them.
Bike looks solid. I really like this photo...

206606-IMG-1226.jpeg

Might even be 'Final photo' level !

Just make sure the lighting and background show off the fork.
I like the rock climbing pic, but you sorta have to hunt for the fork a little at that angle.
Great build and photos though.

I like the photo @OddJob suggested, but I like this one. Maybe if you could do a similar shot with better lighting, it just might be "main pic" material. It just has a lot of attitude.
View attachment 206486

Just make sure the lighting and background show off the fork.

I agree I like this shot too. It's too bad about the lighting. I wish I could have gotten a similar shot with the mountains in the background and decent lighting. I don't know if I'll have time to go out and find more locations for this, we'll see. At least there's the one decent shot out of the dozens of lackluster pics I took. 😃

I agree I like this shot too. It's too bad about the lighting. I wish I could have gotten a similar shot with the mountains in the background and decent lighting. I don't know if I'll have time to go out and find more locations for this, we'll see. At least there's the one decent shot out of the dozens of lackluster pics I took. 😃

If you have pics where the lighting is dark on your pics, you can find the "Shadows" adjustment in a photo editor and slide the scale up on it. It will brighten the darker areas of the pic while leaving the brighter areas alone.

Reminds me of my photo shoot for Mesa Boogie, my Off Road Build Off bike from a few years back, like 7 I think?

And the ride vid, definitely similar to mine in the Sonoran Desert of Mesa, AZ...

IMG_20160203_150052.jpg

IMG_20160203_150214.jpg

The Klunker is definitely one of my favorite bike builds for sure. The rugged simplicity, and 'throwback' mtb nature of the bike really resonates with me.

Reminds me of my photo shoot for Mesa Boogie, my Off Road Build Off bike from a few years back, like 7 I think?

And the ride vid, definitely similar to mine in the Sonoran Desert of Mesa, AZ...

View attachment 206511

View attachment 206512

The Klunker is definitely one of my favorite bike builds for sure. The rugged simplicity, and 'throwback' mtb nature of the bike really resonates with me.

That's a great Klunker! I'm pretty sure I've seen it before. I bet I came across your build when I was doing klunker research. It's a cool bike. I like the fat front tire, I bet it helped with the bumps a bit. Looks like a fun ride. So far klunkers are my favorite customized bikes to build and ride. I like the aesthetic, the history of the early mountain bikes, the ride. I ride mostly off road so functionally they work for me too. I dig it!

View attachment 206511

View attachment 206512

I presently run a bike with a bigger front tire for off roading and gravel roads. Your tire is so massive that it looks like it will roll over most everything. Great looking klunker. We used to visit my eldest son when he lived in Phoenix and he would take us up South Mountain. I loved watching the paragliders on top gliding along the mountain ridge.

I love that shot of your old and new bikes together but what I love even more is how Rocinante looks like its done miles and miles of hard work already. I have the inspiration for my next build off bike. The frame has been hanging in my shed for a few years. Thanks man.

I love that shot of your old and new bikes together but what I love even more is how Rocinante looks like its done miles and miles of hard work already. I have the inspiration for my next build off bike. The frame has been hanging in my shed for a few years. Thanks man.
Awesome! Thanks for the kind words. I really like the contrast of the 2 bikes also. Those are the 2 most interesting suspension forks I own. The Cannondale is the newest bike I own and it's 15 years old. 😄 I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do with your old frame for the next build off! :thumbsup: I'm thinking I'll do a class 2 build next time, there are some ideas brewing.

Latest posts

Back