Rocky

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I tried as hard as I could not to spend the money on these old Persons pedals but I eventually buckled under the pressure and bought them lol. I did however get a great deal on this old art deco stem so that helped.! Hopefully this weekend I can get some work done on the tank.!
pedals.jpeg
stem.png

Last edited:
Those pedals are sweet! Great stem too. RaT oN~!

So I hope everybody is having a good Memorial Day Weekend. I am happy to finally post some progress pictures. I decided to try my hand at a wood tank and sticking with the theme I used some rough sawn lumber a friend of mine got from a old man that pulled it out of a old school 60 years ago.
tank 1.JPG
tank 4.JPG
tank 2.JPG
tank 5.JPG
tank 6.JPG
tank 7.JPG
tank 8.JPG

Attachments

• tank 3.JPG
    tank 3.JPG
    348.2 KB · Views: 118
  • tank 9.JPG
    tank 9.JPG
    323.1 KB · Views: 122
Love the use of wood on bicycles!
Looks like you've got the right tools for working wood, and the skills to use them. And that patina job is awesome! :113:

Cool piece of vintage wood. You definitely have my attention. Keep those updates coming and...
RaT oN~!

Man that is one beefy tank. At first I thought you were making one that would fit inside the frame, but it looks like you must have two halves that are 2" thick. Just make sure your fork can still turn :D
Beautiful paint work on the guard too.

Man that is one beefy tank. At first I thought you were making one that would fit inside the frame, but it looks like you must have two halves that are 2" thick. Just make sure your fork can still turn :D
Beautiful paint work on the guard too.
Thanks, I appreciate you looking.! Its definitely pretty beefy and the fork just clears it without hitting but I think it will make the whole bike appear bigger. I still have the other side make and hope to get more progress pics posted for you guys to look at soon.!

This is a really nice build.
Are you going to hollow out the tank at all?
The wood is thick enough to hollow out a spot for some tools, or a tube, or a flask, or …
Nice work!

This is a really nice build.
Are you going to hollow out the tank at all?
The wood is thick enough to hollow out a spot for some tools, or a tube, or a flask, or …
Nice work!
So I really like your idea, hollowing out the inside is something that I did not think about. I have some plans for the tank inspired by the JC Higgins Manifold bike, but maybe I could do both. Or even make 2 tanks lol. Thanks for looking and giving positive feedback!

That sander is awesome looking.

Latest posts

Back