Rodentia

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
O.K. here's my frame of entry. I shall call her Rodentia.
2007_0106mixture0198.jpg
[/img]

Not sure what year, but it's a Roadmaster. I have most of the other parts but probably won't use too many of them in the build.

Good luck to all the contestants!
Chainsaw

Well, I finally got to get a little done on Rodentia! I'll try to post up some pics later tonight or in the morning.
By the looks of the other competitors bikes, I've got to pull out my good parts stash just hang with the crowd!
You guys are doing some amazing stuff!

Here's a few pics to prove that I'm actually doing sumthin'. Rodentia will be a very low budget bike. If things go as planned, then only the rattle cans and possibly a tire or two will be the only investments made.

The first pic is of the forks I will be using. They came of a cheap mountain bike that was left at one of the mobile homes in the park where I work. I guess you could say they are "cheap trailer trash"!
2007_0217whatever0123.jpg

Did a little cutting off of the ends, so that I could give Rodentia some legs!
2007_0217whatever0124.jpg

Here's a couple more of this sassy little rodentbike!
2007_0217whatever0127.jpg

2007_0217whatever0128.jpg

So how's she looking to you guys so far?

I'll give ya a little hint on the color scheme ...... Military green, black and that flourescent orange, likes on the forks!

Have to give credit to HM7SJR. His bike at the Halloween ride inspired me to go with the little wheel up front! :wink:

Nice lookin. I did a similar thing for my bike. That fork is very unique like a pogostick.

Love that fork, great idea not too wide and over powering, like a lot of factory chopper forks. I gotta learn how to weld :cry: Thats going to be an awsome color scheme or you just don't want to get shot during hunting season :?: :?: :mrgreen: 8)

Thanks for the replies! :mrgreen:

Hooch, I think I can keep progressing on it a little more later today, so hopefully there will be some more pics tomorrow (if not tonight).

Randy, I had to actually use my brain to get the critter level, but it still turned out O.K. :wink:

Cman, Glad you liked it, I didn't pay much attention, but it does look like a pogostick! Now you got me thinking about the old pogo at work that we found!

Clothespin"n" I am a big fan of the 26"/24" combo but I wanted sumthin' different and I really like the way Higgins62's son's bike looked at Halloween! The only problem is that now I'm afraid Ryan will get a big head and won't be able to use his helmet. :D

Outsider, So maybe I should go with a deer antlered helmet :?:

Thanks guys!
Chainsaw

Just thought I'd throw up a quick pic of what hopefully will be Rodentia's seat. It's off of one of them Health Rider exercise thingies.
2007_0217whatever20001.jpg

Also found this moped light in the box of tricks.It's got little stars on the bars across the front.
2007_0217whatever0130.jpg

Sorry the picture of the light sucks. I'l try to get a better shot.

I'm off to chop and grind!

it will be fun to ride!

i have welded up several choppers, and they are a blast to ride... especially with the small front wheel!

Lookin' good Chainy, I like the fork alot, nice job. I built a motorized bike on the same frame and its an amazingly good rider...Kelly

nogoodnic42 said:
Lookin' good Chainy, I like the fork alot, nice job. I built a motorized bike on the same frame and its an amazingly good rider...Kelly

COOL! 8) Thanks Kelly. I'll try to make you proud! I think I might have a little sumthin' up my sleeve that you may like. The thing is taking shape but it's been hard to get anything done because off all the frozen pipes and busted sewers at work. With the weather cooperating, I should be able to speed up.
I hope to have it done for the Royal Oak ride. Giggles probably won't be able to ride cuz all her surgeries are gonna be done on the 7th, SISSY GIRL! :cry:

P.S. Cardboard Elvira, Sleazy Weezy, and Dirty Betsy say Hi! C.B. Bobby says to stay away from his women folk! Oh ya, and Giggles says Hi!

Its good to hear from the Holly gang. Tell Gigs to buck up and grow a set, just kidding Giggles, we'll miss you. Heres a pic of the Roadmaster I did with its proud new owner. There are parts from no less than five diffrent bikes on this one...Kelly
normal_IMG_0289.jpg

Latest posts

Back