Rollfast serials?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Does anybody know where to lookup Rollfast serial numbers? I can't find a library or anything online.

No one's been able to make heads or tales of them. Phil (rms37) has done an excellent job of figuring out Cleveland Welding serial #'s. I think he's mentioned that he's trying to get some numbers together, but these projects can take years! :shock: Currently, the best way to ID a Rollfast or other Snyder/Harris Co. built bike is through original ads, and the excellent Rollfast book published last year by Classic Bicycle News. -Adam

Thanks for the info. I have a Rollfast that has the original Ball Bearing headbadge that I was told might be early 40's. Too bad there's no way to tell what year. Oh well, I might be putting up for sale soon. I call it the RollHigginnsark from all the different parts I have on it. I will post some pics soon. Thanks again.

rollhigginsark? i like that. were you listening to johnny cash when you built it?

Haha! Ring of Fire just reminded me of what I had to go through to get some of these parts. Finally got some pics of my Beast. She's gettin an overhaul today. New paint, new grease and a couple upgrades. Too bad I might have to sell her soon. Times are tough,Dammit!

07-02-10_1411.jpg

07-02-10_1410.jpg

07-02-10_1409.jpg

Seeing the pic now, I believe it's around a 1937! I have Classic Bicycle News' Rollfast book, and it mentions the '37 introduction of the V-900 model and V series line. Later models just have a number, 4254 being the deluxe model, but the frame tube from the fork to the BB is curved, while the V series like yours, is straight. Also was the debut of Harris/Snyder's new 1/2" pitch chainring, with little R's on it, though they still used the earlier skiptooth "H" sprocket. -Adam

WOW! 1937..That's Awesome. Thanks alot for the help. Now I'm really gonna hate selling it. :cry:

Seeing the pic now, I believe it's around a 1937! I have Classic Bicycle News' Rollfast book, and it mentions the '37 introduction of the V-900 model and V series line. Later models just have a number, 4254 being the deluxe model, but the frame tube from the fork to the BB is curved, while the V series like yours, is straight. Also was the debut of Harris/Snyder's new 1/2" pitch chainring, with little R's on it, though they still used the earlier skiptooth "H" sprocket. -Adam
Any guess on mine .. rollfast aerolite model or serial number d511399

Offhand, I think the Aerolite was a 50s model. Since this old post, we've figured out that Snyder coded frames with a reverse year from around 1940-56. I have a Snyder built Hawthorne that's coded "05 EH", meaning 1950. -Adam

Latest posts

Back