Rollin bones Movin on

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little sample of the pinstripping work. On to assembly.
20210814_171743.jpg
20210814_162052.jpg
20210814_171528.jpg
20210814_162120.jpg

It is always good to see some hand done pinstripping. Many years ago I remember that they used to hand paint the signage on the trucks we sold, and it was really impressive to watch them do it.

When I go to the country fairs around here, it's always the hand done graphics and lettering on the vintage equipment that gets me looking. That art from is disappearing.

Love the brass on the new bars and the pinstriping is perfect!
This just keeps getting better and better!

Those frames are so cool. Some day I hope to find one. Your project is coming along nicely. Enjoy!!

Those frames are so cool. Some day I hope to find one. Your project is coming along nicely. Enjoy!!
Looked for one for a couple years. Either they were toast or way over priced. I found this one one ebay last year. I paid a little more than i wanted but it was all there except wheels. I've got a couple accessories left to put on and still waiting on my local bike shop to finish my wheels.

I got another small step knocked out last night. I spent a couple hours polishing up the Felt front wheel and worked on a bracket for the rear reflector. I also got the last piece of the puzzle ready to install. Not going to show it yet but if you know what it is you know. I'm off tomorrow so it should be assembled and ready to start photos.
20210816_200956.jpg
20210818_060851.jpg
20210817_201045.jpg

It's an hour and twenty minute drive each way to get my stuff done. It's worth the time. Billy J customs close to Indy does excellent work. He did my last years build off bike Higgy-o.

Oh yeah, things are about to get even more fun!!!

Not much progress going on around here. I'm at the mercy of my lbs waiting on my rear wheel. I did get the front wheel cleaned and mounted on my newly polished felt five star. Pedals and crank got installed after searching for a lost locking nut. Turns out it was right where i sat it down. Rear reflector bracket is done and waiting to dry. I picked up a rear kickstand this week that needs some serious detailing. Hope to get that done in time. I'm dying to get these spun aluminum disc installed. With any luck pictures should be posted by the weekend.
20210824_173310.jpg
20210824_172910 (1).jpg

Nice highlight on the pizza pan! :D

Latest posts

Back