Rollin bones Movin on

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking about using a different rear wheel. I will check what i've got hanging around in the morning. Nothing like hitting the wall in the final laps.

Just a minor setback brother. Test the discs on the new rear wheel first. But I don't think it will be noticable that it's different than the front. As long as the rim face is silver. Even if you have to paint it.

I think this is most likely the problem. Those Felt rims are 50mm which would push the disc out past were it would normally be on a typical cruiser wheel.
Never have any problems till the last minute. I'm going to check my stash to see if i have something a little more narrow in the morning. Always heard if everything was simple everyone would be doing it. Time to call it a day and have a cold one.

If the other wheel won't work with the discs, then there may be another way. If the non drive side has plenty of clearance, dish the wheel so the drive side moves over just enough to clear the cog. Other than that, I don't see any other way except to trim the edges off the discs so they fit inside the rim. I wouldn't do that to a set of discs though, but it would do the trick.

If the other wheel won't work with the discs, then there may be another way. If the non drive side has plenty of clearance, dish the wheel so the drive side moves over just enough to clear the cog. Other than that, I don't see any other way except to trim the edges off the discs so they fit inside the rim. I wouldn't do that to a set of discs though, but it would do the trick.
I couldn't bring myself to cut up those beauties. I'm sure i've got something around here that will work. When in doubt have a beer and make a new plan

I seems like a shame to cover those Felt wheels anyway. If you have some wheels that work it might look good to paint them either orange or white to match the bike. Where there's a will there's a way!
After about an hour polishing that rim i agree. Where there's another wheel there's a way out.

I couldn't bring myself to cut up those beauties. I'm sure i've got something around here that will work. When in doubt have a beer and make a new plan

Yes, Please DO NOT cut those Moonies!!! :D

Yes, Please DO NOT cut those Moonies!!! :D
Agreed
download.jpeg

Went through my wheel stash today. Nothing but skip tooth hubs
20210828_155415.jpg
and no cogs to swap out. Called my nearest bike shop 25 miles away and he had one 26x2.125 rim in stock. Two hours later i have a rolling rear with moonie installed. On to the next hurdle.

yes-sweet.gif

I got the moonie problem worked out this afternoon and moved on to install the chain. The half link chain that i've had since the beginning decided to be to small. Don't know if i ordered wrong one or they sent the wrong one. I had an orange one i used for a test ride a while back that will work until i can get correct size half link. I also mounted the persons orange reflector. Not sure if it will make the final cut. Some touch up and final tightening tomorrow and check out some photo locations.
20210828_225751.jpg
20210828_225557.jpg
20210828_225458.jpg

It is probably the long chainstays. My Felt cruiser for example needed 116 links and most if not all half link chains come with 112. (I think it is geared 44 or 42/18)But if you go with the smallest rear sprocket (16t I think) and a sub 40t chain ring the 112 might work.

It is probably the long chainstays. My Felt cruiser for example needed 116 links and most if not all half link chains come with 112. (I think it is geared 44 or 42/18)But if you go with the smallest rear sprocket (16t I think) and a sub 40t chain ring the 112 might work.
Thanks for the info. I just ordered a 112 from amazon. If it doesn't work, there will be more builds that can prob use them.

Got everything tightened down and took it a ride around the block this afternoon. All smooth and no extra noises that shouldn't be there. Got back and took the the last fence pic before the rain broke loose. Wednesday or thursday we will go to finished bike.
20210829_123859.jpg

That is beyond SUPER.....IT'S

1630292278062.png

Latest posts

Back