Rollin bones Movin on

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow that saddle / springs turned out great! What did you use to strip it? You may have said already, but I missed it.

Wow that saddle / springs turned out great! What did you use to strip it? You may have said already, but I missed it.
Picked that up pretty cheap on the cabe. The seller already had it stripped down. It's a double pan so I could recover if I decide to. Since I already have another one with a good cover I'll probably just swap it out when i want to ride very far. One seat for show one seat to go.

Pulled out some more parts this afternoon. I found some assorted grips. probably have more. I got my felt set out of storage. They need some cleanup but they are ready to roll. I probably wont use the red tires. I have a set of creme Fat Franks. I may order a set of thick bricks to try out. I'
20210522_155421.jpg
ve been looking for a 24 inch felt front wheel only but nobody wants to split up a set. Ive run out of good body parts to sell to afford another full set. Tomorrow i will be putting parts together to see where i'm at.

20210522_155739.jpg
20210522_171638 (1).jpg
20210522_171645.jpg

I like those red ball end grips myself. Thompson Grips?

I've been kicking this color combo around since last years bo was over. Still not sure i will go all orange and creme or part bare steel with highlights. Getting ready to put it all to gather and make sure every thing fits. Btw the photos you sent were awesome.

Did a little mock up today. Mounted up wheels and tires. Both rolled good with no noise or wobble. I bolted up the front end and tightened everything up. I will have to order new lower bearing because i couldn't find one in my parts cabinet. I bolted up a set of stainless boardtrack bars that i flipped up. I'll get a half link chain on it this week and give it a shakedown run. So far everything works fine. Crank cranks, wheels roll smooth and quiet, and steering works as it should. A couple days out of town and will get back into it.
20210523_135457.jpg
20210523_135425.jpg
20210523_135512.jpg

Attachments

• 20210523_135438.jpg
    20210523_135438.jpg
    560.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
It's already got a winning personality in my book! Lookin' good, man!

Dig the bar end plugs. :emo:

Superbly beautiful so far!!!
Those bare pan are actually pretty ergo and comfy in my oppinion.
Love the bars flat like that too.

Ok back from slackerville. A little short vacation, some much needed landscaping and lawn work and it's time to get back to work on the bike. Never enough time to do the things we need to do. I dug out my Tangeseiki sealed BB bearings. I hope these are as good as i've heard about. I picked up a half link chain. Never used one but like the look. I also grabbed a couple more sets of grips. Another set of Thompson ball ends to match my paint scheme and a set of Vans. Grabbed some paints from the local HDepot along with some stripping tape for masking. And last but not least since i'm building an Elgin, when i saw a handle bar watch holder i thought it would be perfect for an Elgin pocket watch. I will pick up an art deco style one later on. Heading out to a local car show for some inspiration and maybe some ideas i can use on the bike. Weather permitting i will get the bike torn down and get it prepped for primer.
20210605_091108.jpg
20210605_091315.jpg
20210605_091654.jpg
20210605_091728.jpg
20210605_090924.jpg
20210605_090720.jpg
20210605_090731.jpg

Last edited:
Cool POP! (PILE O' PARTS).

I dig your rattle can line-up. There is a moment of zen when the color scheme melds together in harmony with the bike. I'm still waiting for that moment on this year's build....

I like that burnt orange and the other parts you're lining up.

Latest posts

Back