Rollin bones Movin on

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a little something done today .My first time laying down some graphics. Got a little work left to finish this up the
20210612_135248.jpg
20210612_135208.jpg
n on to the other side. 2 hours work to do what a pro would do in 15 mins.

I need to do something with the horn screw holes. Probably just use some brass screws and nuts to fill the holes.I plan on using all brass nuts and bolts everywhere i can.

Glad you found some tape. It can be tedious but it is very rewarding with it works.
I like what you came up with on the tank. The Whachiss is great too.

Mounted tank up after stripping was done. Somehow I've lost the tank screws. Anybody know what size these are. View attachment 161264
You probably did like I do. I put the parts in a safe place so they won't get lost, then can't remember where that safe place is. They will turn up after they have been replaced, in a month or two.
The tanks I've had mostly used odd sized sheet metal screws, I never could find a decent replacement.

You probably did like I do. I put the parts in a safe place so they won't get lost, then can't remember where that safe place is. They will turn up after they have been replaced, in a month or two.
The tanks I've had mostly used odd sized sheet metal screws, I never could find a decent replacement.
Yup. I believe there is a black hole in my little workshop where parts and pieces i mark and label disappear into. A couple more years from now i'll find a whole build off bike in there.

Just about went to second page slackerville again. My build got interrupted by my wife. She said she wouldn't sit on my deck anymore if I didn't do something with it. A new power washer and some stain that was paid for out of my bike fund and I'm back on schedule. The wife suggested I sell some bikes or parts to pay for it. Anyone else have a wife who has lost her mind. Anyway I still haven't found my missing tank screws. I did purchase a set of stainless steel pair on ebay for a CWC tank. Fit perfect. When I find my gauge I'll see what size they are and look for some brass ones or talk my machinist into making me a couple sets at work. I hope to start paint on the frame this weekend. Weather permitting.
20210618_074835.jpg
0_20210618_074850.jpg
20210618_074835.jpg
0_20210618_074850.jpg

The wife doesn't give me any grief over my bikes. She knows when I find something I really want I will sell off some frames or parts to ease the sticker shock. Look forward to seeing what you do with that twin bar. I've been looking for one for a while

The wife doesn't give me any grief over my bikes. She knows when I find something I really want I will sell off some frames or parts to ease the sticker shock. Look forward to seeing what you do with that twin bar. I've been looking for one for a while
My wife tolerates my many hobbies (hoardies?). I always take them over the top. But she knows that I always make money on everything when I finally sell it. But I rarely sell anything.

Mine is just glad I'm not out there on motorcycles anymore. Bikes are cheaper, take less space, are easier to work on, and I've almost convinced myself they're as much fun
I've got an '02 sportster with a Buell Lightning motor (101 HP) that is stripped to the bare essentials (400 lbs). Built it many years ago. I'm scared to ride it anymore.

Marshall, your style of humor hits my funny bone every time! :bigsmile:

I archive any photos I find on here of over stuffed garages and bike sheds, so when my wife asks "How many bikes do you have now in your shed?" I just send her a message and say , "Not as many as this guy." :21:

Latest posts

Back