Rollin bones Movin on

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's my entry this year. It is a 1941 Elgin curved tube. Previous owner stripped most of the paint off. I have a couple of ideas for the finish. Option 1 will be to completely strip and leave in bare metal. Option 2 will be a satin orange and satin creme two tone. Option 3 will be a gun blueing finish. All three will be pinstriped later.
20210504_153911.jpg

Fenders and skirts are from a girls bike. I may change the chain guard . I have a couple that are drilled for the skirts.
20210504_135356.jpg
20210504_135321.jpg

I have more parts and pieces I'm still digging out. Going to Memory Lane swap meet in the morning hopefully to find some killer parts and accessories. I will try to get it stripped down this weekend and get building. Four months goes to fast .

You have jumped right in, excellent frame to start with. Love the bomb reflector.

Super cool parts pile and that frame is awesome! I like the gun bluing option, or maybe a smoked chrome on parts of the bike. I used the Dupli Color Metalcast Smoke on the chrome on my resto-mod of a Sears Spyder, RaTsberry Buffet. Nice effect on chrome or silver.

RaTsberry final 3.jpg

That is a beauty as it sits!!!!
I love the long tanks on the curved bars.

Dont want to turn into a second page slacker so ill show a couple more pieces i've dug out. I picked up a couple needed parts at Memory lane swap the last two days. I'll get picks of those when i get back home.Other than the afternoon rains Thursday and Fri. it was a good swap meet. Prewar and toc bikes and parts sold quick and at big prices. back to the pics. looks like a headlight donor to me. I will convert to led later if time allows. I really like the monark racks but i liked the braces on the hawthorn rack. I may combine the two depending how the two fit.
20210504_135009 (1).jpg
20210504_135717.jpg
20210504_135757.jpg

Cool scores. That's a Higgins rack and not a Monark. They are very fun to play with. I like your idea of maybe using the curved braces on it.
Thanks for shedding some big ole light on you parts pile.

Cool scores. That's a Higgins rack and not a Monark. They are very fun to play with. I like your idea of maybe using the curved braces on it.
Thanks for shedding some big ole light on you parts pile.
Thanks Kingfish. I'm sure that light idea has been used before but when I saw it I pictured bike light.

Higgins cheese grater, cool! Slice and dice oN~!

Latest posts

Back