ROS9 SS Build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The GT Peace 9R SS was getting a bit long in the tooth and I need some front suss(GT frame no good for suss forks, crown will hit downtube) for a nagging left hand injury, so I snagged the ROS9 frame off the bay, 142x12mm rear so got a new Hope Evo2 SS trials hub and laced into a Halo rim, borrowed the front end off my RIP9 to gauge the offset(head angle rather slack at ~67 deg). Most other parts had been collecting over the years. Seatpost borrowed from my old Iron Horse 7p3 with help of a shim, but new saddle. A very fun bike.

WP_20150128_003_zpspozgsekb.jpg

WP_20150128_006_zpsdvvohyg7.jpg

Nice and simple. I don't see many single speeds around here.

Thanks, getting more simple on my bikes generally just went 1x10 (32t x 12-36t) on my RIP9 but it helps to riding SS most of the time (ROS9 - 32t x 22t) to do that unless you put on one of those 40-42t cogs but then shifting usually takes a dump. SS MTB bikes are fairly common in SoCal, both rigid and suss fork varieties and there's the occasional fixie for the really core.

Me likey.

Thanks, I did end up getting a 51mm offset fork as the one in the pics was a bit flip-floppy with that head angle perfect now.

I'm digging that frame! Looks cool!

Thanks, getting more simple on my bikes generally just went 1x10 (32t x 12-36t) on my RIP9 but it helps to riding SS most of the time (ROS9 - 32t x 22t) to do that unless you put on one of those 40-42t cogs but then shifting usually takes a dump. SS MTB bikes are fairly common in SoCal, both rigid and suss fork varieties and there's the occasional fixie for the really core.
Cool bike! I'm surprised how my winter build off bike works all around with a SS. Running 32t x 20t low enough for trails and yet good for casual riding on the road as well.

Latest posts

Back