Rot-Ten Colson Calling it done

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks KingFish , not only did you give me my 500 you also gave me my five hundred and first Like !:D:rockout:
While diggin' around I found this old cookie tin, I'm sure some of you will guess what I do with it,

I"ve had this crash rail rack for a while but it did not fit the project I bought it for , with a few mods it may work on this bike !

Thats all for today as its my 55th birthday and the beer and bbq have started...when the beer drinkin starts the work stops !:crazy::crazy:

Mark

Happy birthday with another "like".
Are you going to make a light out of the tin?

Like the process so far! Your "warehouse" seems to have something of everything...a Danish cookie tin... :grin:

Like the process so far! Your "warehouse" seems to have something of everything...a Danish cookie tin... :grin:
OddJob , "Hello my name is Mark and I'm a Hoarder" ! :blush:
I know their has to be a 12 step program for people like me !:headbang:

Troy I have a pile of frames , its like a plague ...
Mark

...dude, missing the bike on my feed....still in progress?

Took me a while to find this thread, at least on p5 it was easy to find !
Unfortunately I have been physically unable to work on this bike the past couple months as what started with some pain in my elbow turned into total body inflammation caused by a serious reaction to one of my blood pressure medications...read got fat sittin around doing nothing for 2 months and couldn't work to make a living either ....sucks but at least I am back on my feet now and back to work part time so maybe I'll shed the 40 extra pounds I'm still carrying and get back to building bikes soon.
Mark

Glad to hear you are doing better.
Cheers

Thanks metalchewy but I still dont know if the meds are all figured out as my legs still look like they're a litlle over stuffed..
I did a quicky tape job to create some darts.

Shot on a coat of satin clear but it came out a bit rough in the 100+ temps this afternoon.
Found a Murray seat post fits this frame.

I dont have enough time for the fenders I was going to use but these might work.

go go go
Mark

Fresh from the over growth is this late 30s Colson , first will see if it comes apart the nice way or the fun way. The nice way is with the kroil and wrenches and the fun way, the sawz-all.
I first have to get some honey-do's done the I can tear into this build !

Cool old pedals spin nice after a few drops of kroil !

crusty

not an original fork and bent , maybe the last rider was hard on forks !

Once I get the jungle knocked down , I can dig through the pile for parts !
Mark
Are you going to use the chain ring in the first pic? It reminds me of a throwing star.

Falstaff I wont be using that chain ring on this bike , I have another one in better condition to use.
I had to stop working for the night as the air just got to thick with smoke from all the wild fires surrounding me.
Mark

Those fires are terrible, I use to live in Oregon and I'm saddened by the blight mother nature is throwing at the west.
Good luck to you and yours.

Latest posts

Back