RR KIDS BIKE BUILD OFF RULES

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
1. Bike must be a kid's bike and have 20" wheels or smaller.
2. Bike cannot already be built before build off.
3. Must show progress pics in diary (build thread).
4. Build Off ends May 12th, 2008.
5. No prizes, no build restrictions, anything goes!

Have Fun! :D

just wanted to know how many of us are going to give these to kids when they are done?

I don't have any kids so I was thinking of trying to find a kid in need of a bike or selling it and giving the money to a charity. My buddy just told me about a charity in Detroit called Back alley bikes, that teaches kids to build a bike and maintain it. I think they might be a good fit for this.

Bicycledon is building a Kustom 12 incher for his youngest granddaughter. Not sure how to post pics here. I will try, but if ya see no pics, email [email protected] and tell me how.
The details.
Starting bike, 79 sssssSchwinn Lil Tiger, doner bikes as of today, A second 80 lil Tiger, a Schwinn Collegiate5, A Pixie, and fenders from a Sun Mini Trike.
THe lil Tiger is a convertable, remova\ble top bar. That leaves a 1 bar frame for the girls. I removed the bottom bar from the doner lil tiger, welded it above the down tube of the main frame. It came up short so i grafted a piece of the Collegiate frame in. As of today the frame is in paint. the fenders are being grafted together to form streetsweeper style. Seat is in planning stages. The Theme of the bike will be Skelanimals, dead animals need love too. Kinda a goth theme, see hottopics.com for more info on skelanimals. It will be kit the kat. Gloss black, neon pink trim.
It has to be done for the Detroit Autorama, starting March 7. Runnin out of time but I will get it done. My big advantage is ownership of a Kustom Bike Shop in the Detroit Area.
peace,
Bicycledon
ps, HELP ME on posting pics

so can we enter a bike already build before this build came to be? looks like one is already entered that was built befor?

i have a question about the 'rules'......
now we have bikes that start as 20"ers but are being stretched and its acceptable(im not saying it shouldnt be done by any means!). can i take a 26" and shrink it down to a 20" or 16" bike? i cannot find the frame style i want anywhere around here and none for sale here or other places. so will this qualify if it has the same wheel base and dimensions as a regular kids bike when im done?
anyone object?

sensor said:
i have a question about the 'rules'......
now we have bikes that start as 20"ers but are being stretched and its acceptable(im not saying it shouldnt be done by any means!). can i take a 26" and shrink it down to a 20" or 16" bike? i cannot find the frame style i want anywhere around here and none for sale here or other places. so will this qualify if it has the same wheel base and dimensions as a regular kids bike when im done?
anyone object?

Go for it...it's all for grins anyway.

hey steve is there an option to let us vote more than once. like 5 each would be cool if it can be done but 2 each would work because
you know we all will vote for our own. :mrgreen: or at least i hope i will :? lol

Upper Class White Trash said:
hey steve is there an option to let us vote more than once. like 5 each would be cool if it can be done but 2 each would work because
you know we all will vote for our own. :mrgreen: or at least i hope i will :? lol

Yep...I think that is do-able.

bicycledon said:
Bicycledon is building a Kustom 12 incher for his youngest granddaughter. Not sure how to post pics here. I will try, but if ya see no pics, email [email protected] and tell me how.

ps, HELP ME on posting pics

Don if you need help on here too, I am on here and can help with this too.

Latest posts

Back