RRB BUILD OFF #5 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a cutoff date for starting an entry thread? I'd like to try to get something going for this, but realistically won't have an idea and parts together for a bit.

jiminyshiznit said:
Is there a cutoff date for starting an entry thread? I'd like to try to get something going for this, but realistically won't have an idea and parts together for a bit.

Nope

as per my own rule i made up the winner of the previous year has to make the trophy for the following year so yes i will be making the trophy for this year's build off. hmmm what should i make?

okay since theres 2 roth car inspired builds whos doing this one?
112_news0609_03z+roths_rotar+passenger_side_view.jpg

and this one?
p3.jpeg

and some one ought to do a brown neck bandito tribute as well....

hmmm. well im doing sam barris style so i cant. :roll:

As a fellow CWC builder I welcome all CWC's. There may be 7 CWC frames but there are 4 different types with the straight/curved top bars, straight/curved chain stays and a 24" by "stretch". On top of that every builder has his own idea of what he wants it to look like so I think seeing all the different bikes/builds will be interesting. With a possible 200 entrants by August there are sure to be many frames of the same manufacturer. I wouldn't think anything of a dozen Schwinns all built differently. AND, I'm anxious to see this terrible terrorizing trio that you referred to. I vote "Stick With The CWC".

bighit said:
with 7 CWC frames i may have to invoke my 1 switch allowance.

there is good and bad in having so many. people will get tired of looking at so many of the same frames. on the other hand you will really be able to showcase your skills against other builders by using the same frame to start with.

already as a competitor i am following two entries that dont look like anything in the rest of the pack and i have a CWC. whats the general consensus? has this ever happened?
am i mad for not dropping the elgin bomb
4563222703_5c5c0fff6a_o.jpg
y

I still want to participate in this one this year, but it's going to be tight on time. I need to find a good frame in my stash and brainstorm some ideas... I could make a standard rat bike, to match my chopper... but I'm thinking I might give the trophy a shot this year! We'll see. You guys will be the first to know.

I'm looking forward to seeing the various CWC builds and hope there are a few more to come.......bike has great lines and many variations of sheetmetal.

bighit said:
Road master you have a point. i dont even have the elgin in my possession yet. western flyer was in the works since the winter. haste makes waste and that would be a shame. it would be better suited in the next unlimited build to help make up for my lack of fabrication skills.

This is going to be a fun buildoff!!
I sure hope fsjaak joins in!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

haha we should nick name him captain kirk. :lol:

Latest posts

Back