RRBBO - Montgomery Ward's "Iron Ghost"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Multipass said:
Nice job! You nailed the hot rod look for this bike perfectly.

Your eerily blue tailight has a real steampunk vibe to it (that's a good thing)

Now I wonder if you could work this bike into your portfolio somehow?

-Mp

thanks man. yeah, steampunk is really interesting. I need some aviator goggles and a bomber jacket

Ha, I could roll in this big old bike for every portfolio review I have. It would be great to see someone in business attire riding this, or any other, RRBBO bike...

paintmock.jpg

mockup4.jpg

Great paint work !

man, thanks a lot guys. Its so great to hear positive feedback. I was so close to not posting on this site because I didn't consider my stuff good enough... but everybody on here is great! THANKS!

But I should be done soon, so you can see some finished pics in the finished bikes thread.... maybe a video too. I bought a thin steel rod from the hardware store and made my own seat crashrail, it worked out pretty well. Im also working on a bobbed rear fender.
cheers~

RBR,

The bike came out great. The fact that has a skip tooth drive train really gives it that vintage look/feel.

I love the color combo too.

\m/ \m/

62H

That bike looks great. Paint, access. and all. The bars look like the old prewar handlebars. A crossbrace would be perfect.

raised by robots said:
man, thanks a lot guys. Its so great to hear positive feedback. I was so close to not posting on this site because I didn't consider my stuff good enough... but everybody on here is great! THANKS! = quote]

Everyone is their own critic RBR. I myself suffer from that too as well as most all the people on this site too (well prolly not the MAD SKILLZ guy). :) The thing I have learned with building stuff in general cars, bikes, etc. is the people who have a big head about stuff they do usually don't have the best work and are just a bunch of talk. I like your style RBR and your bike looks really cool and I would ride it anyday. Keep up the good work. Troy

Its done! I think I am done with this bike, atleast for now. The last thing I've done was a homemade crashrail, and I put on a bobbed rear fender.

I bought a steel rod from a hardware store then bent and shaped it to fit my seat pan.
crashrail1.jpg

it really completes the look of the bike, im happy with the results.
crashrail2.jpg

here is the fender
fender1.jpg

I took it for a longer ride today... everything is doing great, but the front wheel needs to be re-spoked or something. It is a bit uneven right now, but you cant feel it untill you get to a faster speed.

Its official... im done! I took it out the other day to take some photos, and I am pleased with the way the bike looks. Thanks for the inspiration guys. This was my first bike that I totally rebuilt, and the first time I repainted an entire bike. The only thing I see myself doing later is touching up some paint. BUT I really do want to do something else with those fender brackets I left on the rear axles.... I think I am going to make a trailer with a portable stereo in it!

here are some of the pics
final2.jpg

final12.jpg

final9.jpg

cheers~ happy cruising

It looks awesome man....and so does the photography and the graphic treatment. :wink:

Beautiful bike.

Latest posts

Back