Ruff Lucky frame electric build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so...decided to take my bafang kit off my vanmoof and put it on my custom ruff bike...took it for a good ride today...I really like how the 3 speed Shimano works with the bafang motor...I may put on a wider set of handlebars tho...very nice riding bike ...t
99AD7C83-4F86-492E-BEEA-36D9F06535FB.jpeg
rying out this axiom DLX rear rack too...just waiting for my new panniers to arrive..

Last edited:
I honestly think this bars suit the bike perfectly, they complement the frame, seat, wheels and fork so well that the bike becomes more than the sum of its parts and give it a really unitary, finished look. If You would only blacken them that would be it. I'd call it done.

Decided to fasten some stiff rubber cargo liner that I had leftover to the sides of the pannier rack to support the bags and to help protect them from road crud..I think it turned out pretty good
20181010_211515.jpg
20181010_205830.jpg

Great looking bike! What's the top speed in third?
I’ve got 9 levels of assist on it...on level 9 on a flat stretch using just the throttle I can easily get it up to 35 or 40 Kmh.....it actually goes faster than I need it to...I generally ride around town in level 3 or 4 which gets me between 25 and 30 kmh...which is fast enough...but it’s nice to have the extra power when I want it...I ride in 2nd or 3rd gear most of the time...I actually prefer the 3 speed hub over the 8 speed hub I was using on my other bike...I spend less time changing gears..

Latest posts

Back