Rusty 1969 Huffy Super Stock V - restoration

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI: Sunday isn't going to work out for the paint... so, pushing to the following weekend.

Luke knows I'm the master of the last minute finish.
:nod:

We need more progress pics this time though! :thumbsup:

Alright, work has been kicking my ..., but I spent a lot of time making sure this frame was pretty much perfect. And now... color. Will I be able to make the deadline? Let's find out...

9KucKT.jpg

3uexrv.jpg

It doesn't come out in the pictures, but that's a blue on blue fade. When it's not raining I'll get some pictures in the sun.

I can see the fade all the way from up here! Looks sweet! Do you have names for those colors of blue?

I can see the fade all the way from up here! Looks sweet! Do you have names for those colors of blue?
Not really. The dark blue was an "Imperial Blue" that was a Chrysler color I think. I was told that was a spot on match for the Huffy blue from that period. The lighter blue I just decided upon as the accent. My son has a '68 Dodge Dart model that has an ice blue on it. I used that as a guide and just matched close.

I LOVE IT! Great color choice, my friend!!

Latest posts

Back